• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    Anybody know if Farmers and Merchants bank does them? I have not had time to call them to ask

11b10

Jun 15, 2010
    Union Bridge, MD
    Need to open a checking account for my trust. Recommendations for a free checking account for trusts? I use Capital One now (since the merger), anyone have one with them?

Thanks.

You can pay with a cashiers check,, also there is no requirement for it to be paid from a checking account connected to the trust. If you had a financial trust that was worth big money, then yes a checking account connected to the trust - since you will be writing a lot of checks to attorneys, accountants and the IRS. Also a lot of the checks for professional services may be deductible to the trust for taxes. Your NFA collection probably is not in the above category.

ironpony

MDS Supporter
    Jun 8, 2013
    Davidsonville
    Pnc could not find a free account for me without a kept balance of I think it was $800. So I went personal. Oh, and I'm not allowed in that branch again.:)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Pnc could not find a free account for me without a kept balance of I think it was $800. So I went personal. Oh, and I'm not allowed in that branch again.:)

PNC's accounts all changed this summer. I used to have free personal checking and free business checking. Now, our personal checking account requires a direct deposit from an employer or a minimum balance to be free and my business account requires a minimum balance of $1,500. Believe there are other ways for the accounts to be free, but those are the only ones I remember because they are what we meet.

As I already stated, you really do NOT need a trust checking account, but can understand if you guys feel better about using a trust checking account for all of this.

ETA: The branch manager and I are on a first name basis and she knows me when I walk in. I am definitely trouble. Long story regarding a joint personal injury settlement check and her not wanting to deposit it without having my client at the counter and me threatening to take all the accounts someplace else.

jmcgonig

Jan 18, 2012
    Germantown, MD
    You can pay with a cashiers check,, also there is no requirement for it to be paid from a checking account connected to the trust. If you had a financial trust that was worth big money, then yes a checking account connected to the trust - since you will be writing a lot of checks to attorneys, accountants and the IRS. Also a lot of the checks for professional services may be deductible to the trust for taxes. Your NFA collection probably is not in the above category.

Yeah, I know that but the lawyer recommended using a trust checking account as getting all you i's dotted and t's crossed doing it without a trust account is difficult and technically you violate the NFA rules if it isn't perfect. Probably wouldn't ever matter, but who knows in the future when they want to change rules if they would look for a nit pick like that.

Got it setup, only need to keep a $300 balance. As interest rates are way lower than 1%, really costs me $3/yr at most. Once I buy my stuff I can always close it.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Sandy Spring is good to go I keep $50 in it. They were pleasant about getting it all set up so I set up another account there.

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    The idea is to use the trust checking account for purchases. Using the trust checking account, shows that the items were purchased by the trust.

I figure it can't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom