• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Was going to take a ride up their and take a look around, I understand from a friend they have a large selection of rifles. Has anyone dealt with them, how are their prices. Looking for a CZ 453. Thanks

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Good folks, easy to deal with, very flexible. I always have something on layaway from them. Prices range from moderate to high depending on what you are buying but I have gotten some VERY good deals from them (like a preban ARMCO AK for $530 a couple months ago) off the used rack.

That said for a CZ I would consider going and having Dicks order it for you, they are considerably cheaper and that is who I have ordered my last few CZ rifles out of their lodge book from.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Good folks, easy to deal with, very flexible. I always have something on layaway from them. Prices range from moderate to high depending on what you are buying but I have gotten some VERY good deals from them (like a preban ARMCO AK for $530 a couple months ago) off the used rack.

That said for a CZ I would consider going and having Dicks order it for you, they are considerably cheaper and that is who I have ordered my last few CZ rifles out of their lodge book from.

Atlantic can get pricey, and there are some things you can get for less, elsewhere.

tosainu1

May 10, 2005
    Bowie Md
    Not only are they pricey but i've stopped going as they don't offer much in the way of a greeting, at least at the silver spring store...I purchased a rifle from them a few years ago and last time i was there they had a nice cz453 with a worked trigger I wanted. But I won't be returning to that store...

JMintzer

Hoarding Douche Waffle
    Mar 17, 2009
    SW MoCo/Free FL (when I can)
    They've been very helpful when I've been there. I have an HK P30 on hold there (waiting for my 30 days in purgatory to pass :mad54:). Yes, I could have bought it cheaper elsewhere, but if I add travel time (Xs 2) or the FFL transfer, we're really only talking a few $$$.

Great selection, knowledgeable staff...

Jamie

2flhun

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2009
    Mont Co
    I deal with them, but always do the walk of shame when I leave.

Last year I was looking to trade in a few pistols to help finance an AR. I will list what I brought in, and guess what they offered me.

Colt Detective Special - brand new, 100%. I bought it from a retired DC MPD detective. He and a few buds requested these right before DC switched to the 17 and 19's. They came in and were never issued out. When he retired he bought 4 of them for $60 or $80 each.

Colt Government Model Mark IV Series 80 .380 - 95 % (rated by NRA HQ test range manager)

Charter Arms 44 Bull Dog.

Scroll down-

Detective Special - $225
    Gov model 380 - $150
    Bulldog - 125

I did not make the deal with them. I did deal with some of buds and I sold the detective special for $500. and the .380 was swapped for a Ruger GP100, 300 rds of 357, a holster and som .38. The bulldog is still in the safe.

They are close to me, but I will drive for a better deal when I buy an AR.

MDCXD

Nov 27, 2008
    Mt. Airy
    I stopped in the Rockville store back in Feb, looking for an AR-15 match rifle. They told me they had a couple on order, If I leave my info with them they would call when one came in. they called me this week. I appreciate people doing what they say they are going to do. Yes their prices are a high, but look where they are located. Overall a good experience.

ssjones

Nov 22, 2008
    I bought my Ruger SP101 from them in December (the Rockville location). They weren't super friendly, but had a far larger array of pistols than any other shop I had been in previously. At the six day wait mark, I called them (can't remember why) and the guy who answered said I could pick up the gun anytime the next day. I told him I'd be down the next day. (right at 7 days) I drove from Hagerstown and the guy said, no gun today, it has to be after 7 days. I told them the guy yesterday said anytime. The guy I spoke with was there and they acknowledged his mistake. I came in the next day and they gave me a 50 rnd box of .357 ammo for my troubles.
    I stopped in the Silver Spring store a few days later and they were a bit more friendly with a similar selection of pistols. I sought them out at the reference of a friend who is into shotguns. To be honest, he did recommend the Silver Spring store.

Simon Yu

Ultimate Member
    Jan 12, 2007
    Rockville
    Yes their prices are a high, but look where they are located. Overall a good experience.

Pretty much the general consensus of the two branches. I've gotten some very good service from them, especially when I was starting out.

The caveats are that transfers are a ripoff and apparently so is trading in a used gun. Most transfers at storefronts in this area tend to be of course . . .

Oct 27, 2008
    Dundalk, Hon!
    You're not going to get what it's worth when offering a used gun to a store, period. They figure you need the money right now and can take advantage of your desperation to lowball you. It's nothing personal, just business.

Terminator870

4RumWhore 5$=HappyEnding
    Feb 21, 2009
    varies
    good experience-i know one of the guys that work there.. also any part i buy, they would do the install (certain types) free and on the spot.. helps if your military too :D

Garand1957

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 30, 2007
    The War Room
    I bought my CZ452 LUX there.
    Price was fair and the service was very good.
    They even mounted a scope I brought in to the rifle and laser bore sighted it for free.
    I did buy the scope rings/mounts from them because CZ rifles don't use Weaver type mounts.
    You do have to feed a parking meter to shop there.

HomerSimpson

Nov 30, 2008
    Good people to deal with, the best store(s) I've ever found (in Maryland at least). (And no, I've never been to Dan at Gun Connection, I would by now if I didn't live out of state at this time.)

paponte

FL CCW Holder
    Mar 11, 2009
    Rockville, Md.
    Bought my XDM 9mm from the Rockville store Paid Full MSRP but the store is 10 minutes away so it was convient but it sucks going to the Virgina Nations Gun show and seeing the same gun for a 100 less. BUT i live in MD ! Customer serivce was ok and they are very knowledgable.. but they seemed to push Glock when i was looking.. I'll buy my next gun from there...

ozwyn

Ultimate Member
    Apr 21, 2008
    Richardson, Texas
    I'd rather drive an hour and a half to gun connection or a lot less time to a frederick county gun store. Either way the savings is worth it.

Edit - these guys in frederick seem to have good prices and seem cool http://www.gunsunlimited.com/ Their storefront is not the easiest to find, but its worth a look IMO.

Last edited:

Charybdis69

May 20, 2008
    Takoma Park, MD
    I live and work close to the Silver Spring store. They don't seem very interested in selling firearms, accessories or working with you on price. Assuming you can actually strike up a conversation with one them, some of the guys there are very knowledgeable, especially about AR's. IMHO, they have a large variety of pistols, rifles, shotguns and accessories. They're good guys, but surly. They really act like they don't need/want your money.

But Dan at GC has completely spoiled me on the firearm buying and store visiting experience. Dan, his brother and staff are more than willing to talk your ear off about firearms and put many fine pieces in your hand. The temptation is overwhelming - BEWARE!

Outerlimits

Feb 21, 2009
    Port Tobacco/Cape Coral Fl
    Thanks for the replies. Made it up their to talk to them about a CZ rifle. They were helpful and their prices are about what my local gun stores charge. What ammo shortage, they had cases of 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 apc stacked every where I looked. Yep it was more exspensive than Wal-Mart, but they had it in stock.

tpy77

Ultimate Member
    Sep 27, 2007
    P.G. Co.
    Thanks for the replies. Made it up their to talk to them about a CZ rifle. They were helpful and their prices are about what my local gun stores charge. What ammo shortage, they had cases of 9mm, 40 s&w, and 45 apc stacked every where I looked. Yep it was more exspensive than Wal-Mart, but they had it in stock.

Silver Spring or Rockville store??

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom