• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmarsh778

Feb 26, 2010
    Davidsonville
    Little update already…. The site isn't too user friendly so after searching through my document it does state a reason. It has an attached page and the reason is "trust illegible." So I'll have to just scan it in multiple sections to get the quality they need due to document size.

How illegible was it? Mine was a little fuzzy around the edges to get it to an acceptable size.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    You have to start from scratch. I tried to edit my submission but it doesn't let you. I did email the support with my new submission number just in case it may help expedite. They also confirmed I will get a refund and have to submit another $200 until the refund comes back.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    You have to start from scratch. I tried to edit my submission but it doesn't let you. I did email the support with my new submission number just in case it may help expedite. They also confirmed I will get a refund and have to submit another $200 until the refund comes back.

That sucks. For such a minor problem I didnt think a resubmission would be necessary. Definitely thought one could email them any corrections. Atleast the wait is less than 9+ months

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Yea. You would think that they'd contact me and allow me to send a better file. Hopefully this thread helps others avoid the little things like this.

bobthefisher

Durka ninja
    Aug 18, 2010
    Definitely not where you are!
    Yea. You would think that they'd contact me and allow me to send a better file. Hopefully this thread helps others avoid the little things like this.

I know this might be asking a lot, but do you think you could provided a "snip-it" or screenshot example of your trust copy that was denied. I'm just trying to figure out how picky they really are on copy quality. No reason to be embarrassed, any information and experiences shared, is good information. Especially when you can save others from the same headaches, as all of us in the community have similar concerns when using eFile.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I deleted the fuzzy copy. I'll see if I can get it off the app when I get back home in a few days (Christmas traveling for a bit haha). I wouldn't scan less than 75dpi in my opinion. My fuzzy copy was around 50dpi I think. I scanned the new copy at 100dpi and separated it into 4 files. The size was 2.5mb each so it met the size limit for each file.

willandtestament

Jan 14, 2011
    Are you guys using a format other than standard PDF? I have scanned into standard PDF from a myriad of different printer/scanner/copiers and have had no issues at all. Just curious as I have been directing others to use eforms but like to direct them properly.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    I use a pdf that I converted from the electronic copy of my trust, its perfectly clear and well under the max. I then scanned the signed / certified last page at 300dpi, black and white, text mode. It was very legible and less than a meg.

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    I scanned mine in using a scanner i gave specs for somewhere in the NFA subsection. Came out absolutely clear and under the limit. Didn't have to tamper to make it fit. Cool thing was that the scanner did double side, so when it went over my notary impression, it picked the negative image on the back side. I kept that image with just in case they couldnt see the impression on the front side.

When they deny your form the explanation will be at the bottom of the pdf they send you. When I had to withdraw one of mine, that is where the reason was.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom