• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sundaeman

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 16, 2008
    How does the NFA branch know that the item entered the trust without a copy of the schedule A?

Thanks..

Chicken and the egg. From what I've gathered you can't put a SBR in the trust until it is approved to be made into one.

smdub

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Nov 14, 2012
    MoCo
    Chicken and the egg. From what I've gathered you can't put a SBR in the trust until it is approved to be made into one.

This is my understanding. Once the stamp comes back and it becomes an NFA item, you can then transfer it into the trust. If Im wrong, someone PLEASE let us know.

I applied for five SBRs on Sun/Mon ;)

SneakySh0rty

Aug 22, 2013
    Pasadena
    How does the NFA branch know that the item entered the trust without a copy of the schedule A?

Thanks..

I thought you couldnt enter the sbr/suppressor into your schedule A, since it hasn't been transferred to the trust just yet. My understanding is, you have to wait to have the item approved by them, then you can add it to your schedule A. After that, you send the BATFE your schedule A show it now belonging to the trust?

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    I was told to not put the application item on the schedule A and not even submit it with the trust documents. This was directly from the WVA ATF office that is dealing with the applications. Since your applying to make an SBR, or buy a suppressor etc it can't be on the Schedule A until it is approved. So leave it off.

anderson76

Feb 16, 2013
    You don’t want to list the NFA item on your schedule before your stamp comes back.

Some have been told to submit the schedule with the application while others have been told to do the opposite.

Whether you should list the precursor non-nfa AR on the schedule is another matter. This issue has been discussed to some extent here:

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=132953

pwoolford

AR15's make me :-)
    Jan 3, 2012
    White Marsh
    As approved? You get your stamp? I still have nothing.

You still waiting? I had heard the online process was only taking 2-3 months but doubted that was true. I finally submitted my (6) SBR form 1's yesterday. If I knew how easy it was I would have done this months ago!

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    I rcvd an early Christmas present....Osprey 45!
    Purchased from Engage 02/16/13 via trust
    Check cashed 03/11/13
    Stamp approved 12/18/13
    ...and Engage called me for the pickup 12/20! 10 months and there were no hiccups, corrections, resubmits that I am aware of. I really hope the e-file decreases the wait time... I have 3 others in the pipeline. It sure would make alot of sense to process all stamp requests at the same time instead of multiple "full" checks/reviews.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    So i just got an email saying i was disapproved. No reason what so ever and have never had problems purchasing firearms. I'm assuming it is because my trust documents were scanned fuzzy so I sent off an email (they will not help e forms over the phone. You have to send an email request under "ask the experts" tab. This is ridiculous.

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Little update already…. The site isn't too user friendly so after searching through my document it does state a reason. It has an attached page and the reason is "trust illegible." So I'll have to just scan it in multiple sections to get the quality they need due to document size.

Kingjamez

Gun Builder
    Oct 22, 2009
    Fairfax, VA
    and per ATF, I have to resubmit…. Resubmittal date 12/24…. The wait begins again
    I know it's little consolation, but even with a 12/24 resubmit date, you will likely be way ahead of paper forms... and your denial also continues to prove ~3 month processing times.

-Jim

sleev-les

Gata Needs His Gat
    Dec 27, 2012
    Edgewater, MD
    Yeah, but I should have known better.. Their website should be able to handle larger documents.. I split them up this time, but goes to the whole "not so user friendly"…. At least it is knocking down to 3 months..

DZ

Ultimate Member
    Oct 9, 2005
    Mount Airy, MD
    Sorry to hear of your troubles. I submitted mine in 3 separate files. You are right that they should handle larger files.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom