• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=445854489

I'm just wondering if anyone else sees a few things that I see here. I'm not trying to bash the seller or the gun, but either I'm imagining things, or there's a list of red flags on this sale. It would be interesting to see how many of what I see as problems are also noted by others here.

Is this the ultimate, "Buy the gun--not the story" example, or a true gem? I also seem to remember the same gun (or one remarkably similar) selling for a really high price several months back.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    In addition to seller ratings, GB should really add a "BULLSH**!" voting system so people can call BS on individual ads, for absurd pricing, misrepresentation, and false information.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    In addition to seller ratings, GB should really add a "BULLSH**!" voting system so people can call BS on individual ads, for absurd pricing, misrepresentation, and false information.

That would be nice, but there'd also be people who would misuse that, too, perhaps to kill off competition on something that was actually legit.

I see that the seller's username is "JC IOU". He's gonna owe JC even more for his soul if he sticks some poor new collector with a $125 (tops) gun, but I also think there's a good chance that this guy really believes what he's been told. It looks like most of his sales are rather vanilla modern guns--ones that he probably bought locally and he is trying to flip for profit.

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I also think there's a good chance that this guy really believes what he's been told. It looks like most of his sales are rather vanilla modern guns--ones that he probably bought locally and he is trying to flip for profit.

It's kind of you to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but the fact is the buyer got badly burned, because of believing faulty information.

The cost of making mistakes like this could be considered tuition, but only if you learn something from it. I wonder if that will be the case here.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    It's kind of you to give the seller the benefit of the doubt, but the fact is the buyer got badly burned, because of believing faulty information.

The cost of making mistakes like this could be considered tuition, but only if you learn something from it. I wonder if that will be the case here.

When I posted this, there were no bids on it, it had not sold ... and I was hoping that it wouldn't sell. It looks like some poor sap bought the BS story and snapped up the gun at the Buy It Now price, without even trying to bid on it. There was only one bid, and I think the auction had another day to go.

It also seems to have been the poor guy's first buy on GB. I feel sorry for him, and wonder how long it will be before he start to show his "prize" off on one of the gun boards.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    A Noob with no feedback bought it .

Let's see if it gets relisted.

Then we'll hear the Noob story and how it sold for 500.00, but the Noob didn't pay so now you can buy it for 499.99 because I really just want to get rid of it.

GB is full of scam artists these days.

To bad it wasn't the upper half of the officer. Then he could say the officer was charging the front lines with a howitzer clenched in his teeth and a bayonet in each hand screaming die Amawican dog face.

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    I sent that guy a email 2 days ago. Told him it was bogus and why. I see he did nothing about it

I sent one to him last night, and it bothered me that the thing was still listed today. That's why I started this thread.

I'm beginning to suspect that he was the sucker who bought this gun the last time it was listed. I'm pretty sure it's the same one that sold for about $1200 a few months back. Maybe he thinks he's being a good Christian by selling it for less than what he got screwed out of?

Jul 1, 2012
    yuck.
    I saw this when he first listed it and figured nobody would be stupid enough to buy it and moved on...

Sirex