• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Redding Auction Service in Gettysburg held what had to be the best C&R military auction I've seen from them and probably the best in the Mid Atlantic region this year. The list of goodies was endless. Sadly I had made commitments that day but did send in absentee bids on two lots. Got one of them: a German issue Astra M400 (the other, a Air Force issue Beretta 1934 slipped through my fingers).
    Here are the auction house photos, I'll pick it up soon and have photos of my own to post soon.

Attachments

• DSC_0562.JPG
      DSC_0562.JPG
      67.4 KB · Views: 268
    • DSC_0565.JPG
      DSC_0565.JPG
      64.5 KB · Views: 273
    • DSC_0564.JPG
      DSC_0564.JPG
      59.9 KB · Views: 270
    • DSC_0566.JPG
      DSC_0566.JPG
      69.9 KB · Views: 272
    Jul 1, 2012
    Super score!
    Hard to find one of these, especially as a complete rig and and in such nice shape.
    KH195 posted one last month. It's high on my list... in a way I'm glad I didn't see the catalog... but they don't have debtor's prison anymore, right?

MilsurpDan

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2012
    Frederick County
    Nice grab Mawkie. Glad to see you got something from the auction. I wanted to go but decided against it after being busy for the weekend and making that sudden impulse purchase I told you about

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    Picked 'er up today. Sadly the holster, while very close to a German issue M400 version, is for a CZ52. So I'll keep an eye out for a M400 holster going forward.
    Otherwise it's a winner. Matching with a factory spare magazine. Barrel nut isn't buggered and I'd swag condition in the low 90s. Much nicer than my only other M400, a Chilean Navy example. Kh195 also spotted this one in the auction catalog so there were at least three people who figured out what it was. The only issue I had was trying to figure out what fair market value for one of these is. Couldn't use the under-the-radar finds like Kh195s so in the end I used the Astra M600 as a guide. Satisfied that I did well, even with the $15 holster disappointment.
    This was the missing link in my German issue Astra family. Now I've got examples of the M300, M400 and M600. Wouldn't mind getting a M900 one of these days but they're really starting to take off in value, getting close to the M96.

Attachments

• IMGP7414.JPG
      IMGP7414.JPG
      55.7 KB · Views: 218
    • IMGP7415.JPG
      IMGP7415.JPG
      62.3 KB · Views: 221
    • IMGP7416.JPG
      IMGP7416.JPG
      46.4 KB · Views: 219
    • IMGP7417.JPG
      IMGP7417.JPG
      94.4 KB · Views: 219

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I went to the auction and grabbed 4 items. A WWI 1903 (6-18) matching barrel and receicer, 1903-A3 WWII (10-43) matching barrel and receiver, 71/84 mauser and 45acp Bellister-Molina. I will post pics later.
    I was surprised to see less people than usual. The October Redding's C&R auctions are always packed and price are higher than usual. This time the place was about 70 % full and the prices were auctioned low for several items. The we're some great deals and I felt like a 6 years old in Toys R Us.

I got a great deal on all four items. I wished I would had saved for an Argentina SAFN-49. Who ever got it paid $300 to much.

gabe72

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2012
    sharpsburg
    I was there too got an early colt 1911 with a Remington rand slide didn't mind the parts mix cause I have others to fix with it was nice to use my c&r with no hassles at all, and by the way I was the other guy bidding on the bellister Molina it was nice but I just couldn't bring myself to pay more.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    I was surprised to hear about the low turnout from the auction house staff. Wish I had been able to make that one in person.

Mendozaco

Dec 5, 2013
    Rockville, MD
    I was there too got an early colt 1911 with a Remington rand slide didn't mind the parts mix cause I have others to fix with it was nice to use my c&r with no hassles at all, and by the way I was the other guy bidding on the bellister Molina it was nice but I just couldn't bring myself to pay more.

Thanks a lot:mad54:
    That's ok. I got a good pistol with 3 matching magazines and I'm glad is part of my collection.

mawkie

C&R Whisperer
    Sep 28, 2007
    Catonsville
    One thing I wish I could make happen would be to get Redding to publish a prices realized list post auction. So important for getting a handle on the current market. That said, they're making real progress in improving photos and info pre-auction. I'm also pleased with their service and pro C&R attitude. I think they're the only auction house I deal with that doesn't have a buyer's premium. That's so rare today.

KH195

Ultimate Member
    Jan 10, 2013
    Virginia
    Awesome purchase Mawkie, glad you were able to win that one!! Regardless of the holster I think that's a great price considering how difficult they can be to find. Well done and a beautiful gun!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom