• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wabbit

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2010
    I am very glad this bill was vetoed, even if it was for ulterior political motives. Like someone else said, we should take what comes along.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    I am very glad this bill was vetoed, even if it was for ulterior political motives. Like someone else said, we should take what comes along.

I'm afraid the jerks have the votes to override the veto

Back On Topic...I'm wondering if the political climate in NJ will push for an override vs giving an honest read of Christie's comments, which I thought were excellent. Mental Health isssues, early release of Felons, Felons in possession (Federal Law no-no) are the main issues in all shootings, not just the mass shootings which get all the press/publicity while routine street shootings in Baltimore, Newark, Chicago get little to no attention.

My fingers are crossed for the Christie Amendments at least being addressed.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    The only way they can override is if Republicans join with them, which they won't. They need at least 2/3 of the legislature to override. They don't have that. This was almost entirely along party lines and the Republicans are not going against Christie on this.

Otherwise if they could override they'd have overridden other stuff like the tax hikes that he just vetoed too.

Anyway, listen to GFH radio this week... we hopefully have some "payback" coming.

krucam

Ultimate Member
    Not trying to drift this NJ laws thread off-topic again, but IRT to my earlier comments on a 4 dead "single shooter" incident garnering MASSIVE attention but multiple shootings in a "gun-scarce" locale garnering almost none:

14 shot as holiday weekend begins: 'It's like an everyday normal thing'
    It is summer time again in the Windy City.
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...ings-at-least-4-shot-20140703,0,3923848.story

10 round magazines vs 15 vs 17 would have zero impact on the Chicago carnage. Magazine capacity restrictions in NJ will likely have have no impact on street shootings.

rockstarr

Major Deplorable
    Feb 25, 2013
    The Bolshevik Lands
    wow, just reading the comments from these liberals hurts the mind. ill bet the one that thinks having firearms to protect ones self wasn't needed in the case of anarchy would have been the 1st mother#&$%#$ crying to one of his or her neighbors that had them if anarchy had happened tho...

just like a liberal to talk a bunch of nonsense but when the shtf they'd tuck their tales in their asses and start crying

bunch of sissies

babalou

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Aug 12, 2013
    Glenelg
    wow, just reading the comments from these liberals hurts the mind. ill bet the one that thinks having firearms to protect ones self wasn't needed in the case of anarchy would have been the 1st mother#&$%#$ crying to one of his or her neighbors that had them if anarchy had happened tho...

just like a liberal to talk a bunch of nonsense but when the shtf they'd tuck their tales in their asses and start crying

bunch of sissies

When I was looking for a G17 Gen4 I called Glockmeister. This was after Thuper Thstorm Thandy, or however AlGore says it. The nice lady told me she had never gotten so many calls for guns from NJ. All the lemmings in NJ were fed up with the criminals stealing from their houses. They told her that the cops just sit in their cars at the end of developments and do not do anything. They also told her that they had never, ever thought about owning a gun, but the storm sure woke them up.

ryan_j

Ultimate Member
    Aug 6, 2013
    I hear that from a lot of people, that Sandy was what made them into gun owners.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom