• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biggfoot44

Ultimate Member
    Aug 2, 2009
    If he had used a scabbard , probably no one would have noticed his rifle. They would have been two busy staring at his horse or ATV .

Blaster229

God loves you, I don't.
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 14, 2010
    Glen Burnie
    Other than the open carry thing and if this guy wasn't trying to make a point, who in the hell goes to the airport for a cup of coffee?

" Hey honey, where we going?" " Oh, to the bus station. They have the best vending machines there". lol

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    My second appeal deals with Hawaii's complete ban on rifle and shotgun carry among other thins. Its the only State in the Ninth that has a complete ban on long gun carry for self defense. Even CA allows it in many unincorporated areas. I am guessing the Ninth will find that its constitutional to ban long gun carry in the City and will only force carry in rural areas.

777GSOTB

Mar 23, 2014
    My second appeal deals with Hawaii's complete ban on rifle and shotgun carry among other thins. Its the only State in the Ninth that has a complete ban on long gun carry for self defense. Even CA allows it in many unincorporated areas. I am guessing the Ninth will find that its constitutional to ban long gun carry in the City and will only force carry in rural areas.

I don't think they will eventually win on that point. If the firearm is in common use at the time, one has a right to keep and bear them. I would hope they follow their Heller reasoning...But Kennedy is questionable. I can't believe he sided with the court in the Abramski strawpurchase case.

To the OP, a right no exercised, is no right at all. It was an unlawful arrest, and they didn't file any charges...Yet. His attorney, Marc Victor, will get him off with ease if it comes to that as he wasn't doing anything illegal. It doesn't matter were you are or what you're doing. You never know when deadly force will be needed. You should be directing the attention on a government that has created a society of people that think government is the only entity that should protect them from evil...They've done the most harm here, not the open carrier.

Jim12

Let Freedom Ring
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 30, 2013
    Sometimes I wonder why I work so hard trying to convince the non-gun people I know that gun owners are perfectly sane, rational citizens and the AR-15 is not the weapon of mass destruction and terror it's made out to be. It's like working so hard to make a painting and then a hyperactive five year old draws all over it with a marker because he thinks he's an artist too.

Maybe if liberals hadn't encouraged everyone to act out and express their every emotion and thought, people wouldn't do this.

Discretion is the better part of valor.

wolfwood

Ultimate Member
    Aug 24, 2011
    Well Heller actually supports the notion that you have a right to carry a weapon in a time place and manner that where it is usual to carry that type of weapon. That is what Heller means by the tradition of carrying dangerous and unusual weapons. It is a time place and manner restriction on carry.

I'm probably going to tick a lot of people off if oral arguments are required and I am asked whether Hawaii has to allow rifle/shotgun carry on Queen street (our main street). The text history and tradition of the Second Amendment says you have a virtually unrestricted right to own a small arm but the government can say on Main Street you only get to carry your handgun but in rural areas where such carry is more needed due to animal attacks and is usual for carry Hawaii has to allow long gun carry.

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    Well Heller actually supports the notion that you have a right to carry a weapon in a time place and manner that where it is usual to carry that type of weapon. That is what Heller means by the tradition of carrying dangerous and unusual weapons. It is a time place and manner restriction on carry.

I'm probably going to tick a lot of people off if oral arguments are required and I am asked whether Hawaii has to allow rifle/shotgun carry on Queen street (our main street). The text history and tradition of the Second Amendment says you have a virtually unrestricted right to own a small arm but the government can say on Main Street you only get to carry your handgun but in rural areas where such carry is more needed due to animal attacks and is usual for carry Hawaii has to allow long gun carry.

No need to ask if a total ban is permissible. Any restriction that can pass strict scrutiny is likely constitutional. So does a total ban on main street pass SS? If so no issue.

I would bet that a total ban would not pass SS, but some targeted restriction might be ok.

ras_oscar

Ultimate Member
    Apr 23, 2014
    I get that Long Gun Open Carry is probably even more legal in AZ than it is in MD, but I'm not sure that this is good for the cause. My understanding is that it's relatively easy to get a handgun permit in AZ. Go with that.

My brother lives in AZ. A permit to carry concealed is not required in the state, but is issued to residents on request to permit recriprocity with other states.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    JOELEWIS419

Latest threads

Top Bottom