• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    My point is, remember when California tried to take away the SKS and promised charges against everyone who didn't comply? Offered $230 for every SKS turned in. How'd that go? CO bans mags over 15rds..howd that go? Utah? Wyoming? Every state has anti gun libs, it is a fact. If EVERY thing passed is "welcomed" by the gun community the libs will continue with "please sir id like some more infringement". The MD movement needs to get angry. It worked in other places. Im only just seeing this since moving. Yea i towed the MSI line of suits emails and no camo and "vote for this person" Works GREAT! ;) I did it for years and it wasnt until traveling around the west and my new state that I realized how much different the movements are in their approach and end results.

Luxury? I worked my ass off and saved every penny for years to pull off my escape. It takes more than "jeeves, get my robe and pack my shit. Were leaving".

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Uuh, if you become a resident here, which is anyone except active duty military moving here on orders, you DO have register regulated/banned firearms within 90 days.

And if the firearm was purchased after Oct 1, it's illegal to bring to MD as a new resident.

Only firearms purchased before Oct 1 are legal to bring here and register

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    And if the firearm was purchased after Oct 1, it's illegal to bring to MD as a new resident.

Only firearms purchased before Oct 1 are legal to bring here and register

You would think that one very critical part of the law would be clearly spelled out in the online instructions, but it's not... I'm sure it wasn't intentional but it almost seems like they are hoping someone will innocently record a post-Oct serial number... :mad54:

And, how in the world could anyone who didn't live in this state for the last 5 years or so have any idea what is "regulated" and needs to be reported? I'm sure the MSP wouldn't mind knowing in whose hands some VZs and HBARs and SCARs are located... I don't have a login, does anyone know if the instructions get any clearer on that actual form?

Good luck OP! A few vendors were selling uncoverted Saiga rifles as long guns prior to the ban, so whether it's a regulated item or not is something that the best answer to is "likely", but not "definitely". Saiga shotguns are NOT regulated or banned.

And... the fact that they recommend using Explorer. Oi. I work in web design/development. Not surprised but really embarrassed for this state. No wonder our healthcare system bombed.

Sorry, rant off.

Mark K

Sep 29, 2013
    Colorado Springs, CO
    OP: Were you by any chance stationed in New York when you bought it, and shipped it here in household goods?

If so, it should have been listed by serial number on your HHG inventory.

If you just bought it there while visiting, and brought it to Maryland in your car, then see Plan A...

Tomcat

Formerly Known As HITWTOM
    May 7, 2012
    St.Mary's County
    How is someone moving into Maryland supposed to know they have to register their guns in the first place. Is there a welcome to Maryland booklet or something that spells out all the laws you now have to conform to?:innocent0

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    As a responsible gun owner, it's your responsibility to find out. Just like travel to another state if you're gonna carry there. It's your responsibility to find out the laws. Not saying that's easy, but it's your job.

MrNiceGuy

Dec 9, 2013
    Yes! Let's all be good peasants.

Sent from the Bantu Wind using Tapatalk.

It's easy to be flippant about disregarding the law when you aren't the one risking prison and legal fees that will drive you to bankruptcy.

This whole "how would they know" thing is a ridiculous exercise. If he lived out of state as of Oct 1, 2013, the logic tree for figuring out that a crime was committed is pretty short. Moved here after October 1st? Yup. Have a regulated/banned firearm in your possession? Yup. Moved over 90 days ago? Yup. Guilty, failure to register. As for how they know you have said firearms? A search of the home for any other reason, a nosy anti-gun neighbor who thinks you're going to go nuts and shoot children and war widows with your machine guns, any number of ways through no fault of your own.

I don't like the anti-gun laws of this state and I think most of them are unconstitutional, but I like the idea of going to prison, losing my home, losing my firearms, and losing the right to ever have them again even less. I don't expect anyone else to take risks I won't take myself, so my advice is follow the law and fight the law until you win.

cogcon

COGCON
    MDS Supporter
    Draft a letter stating the facts and details of the purchase like one of the other posters stated and get it notarized. Now you have an official document that establishes provenance. There's your proof. Sure one could lie, but then you can also be charged for filing a false document if you were every investigated.

Works in Pawn Stars and Antique Road Show!

Pinecone

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 4, 2013
    One of the lawyer IPs was offering a service like this pre-Oct 2013. A letter, with pictures, notarized, stated that the following firearms were in the possession of the person on such and such date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom