• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    There are numerous video's on the internet, that will show you how to remove the magazine safety which allows it to fire without a magazine..and dry fire...of course :-) There are those that may scream OH NO>..YOU COULD GET SUED if you ever needed to use it...and that has been said for over 30 years, with NOT 1 situation to view. Someone made a good point years ago, before I removed mine...if it was so bad...and illegal....then, why do factory guns come this way. :D Good luck. You will find the trigger pull gets better also, smoother, slightly lighter. And then add the C & S combat trigger...WOW...nice!!

I took mine out, made a HUGE difference. I actually was bummed because I hated shooting it when I first got it, the trigger was so gritty and bad. I tried polishing the mating surfaces, and it just wasn't enough. Took it out, never looked back. Love it now.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    One of my friends has a 1990's production Mk.III. The trigger pull, even with the magazine safety, is not bad at all. Meanwhile, the 1950's E-series I owned had a crappy trigger pull, even with the safety gone.

surprisinglyminty

Feb 5, 2013
    man, I've been looking for a FN hipower...I always end up getting outbid on gb. Not everyone can sit at their computer bidding away...

If anyone has one out there or even anything remotely similar, I'm interested cash in hand!

but i digress, nice hi power though. a new set of grips and you should be good to go. def polish the plunger face area and trigger pull will get smoother.

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    Is there such a thing anymore? I'm only seeing real dogs these days that people don't think are secretly made of gold.

Yeah, when it's mislabeled on Gunbroker and I call the seller to haggle it to $410 shipped. Funny thing is that I later learned that ReverendBeer was planning on hitting the BIN, but I got it out from under him a few hours before he could.

reverendbeer

Stiff Member
    Nov 9, 2012
    Anne Arundel Province, DPRM
    Yeah, when it's mislabeled on Gunbroker and I call the seller to haggle it to $410 shipped. Funny thing is that I later learned that ReverendBeer was planning on hitting the BIN, but I got it out from under him a few hours before he could.

onQ41X.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom