• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    Mine ran fine on everything (bird, buck, slugs) out of the box but didn't try any white box. Mostly Federal birdshot. No break-in needed!

Someone please fill me in on this import ban as I missed it somehow. What does it pertain to? Saigas and Vepers, what else.

All new Russian rifles that are made by the Kalashnikov Concern... Saigas and VEPRs of every caliber. At the moment, Form 6s for ammo are on hold and my guess is there may be a wider blanket ban on ammo and any guns out of Russia.

If I already didn't own several S-12s, I'd be all over one of these. Actually, if I had any spare coin, I'd get one to complement my S-12s :D

I can't predict the future, but I'd get one while you can. This is so similar to the S-12, yet so different, and is a superior shotgun all around for its many upgrades. I'll likely be selling my S-12 very shortly, I like it that much more.

photoracer

Competition Shooter
    Oct 22, 2010
    West Virginia
    That reminds me that I need to try some slugs too.

I tried some Remington birdshot (still low brass, Walmart was out of Federal and other birdshot) and it cycled the action pretty good. Still had a few FTE but I think that was mainly due to me not holding the shotgun in my shoulder as tight as I should have. Worked a lot better than the Winchester birdshot though
    I use nothing but Fed value pack 7.5/8 from WM in my 3-gun shotgun and it works very well. Found out the hard way it did not like Win white box value packs.

Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    My Saiga loves these, its fun trying to hit cans at 25 yards. When the big ball in the center hits one they get blown in about 3 pieces. Pretty accurate and 100% reliable. They have actually become one of my go "to's" for home defense.

Centurianmultidefence.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    SrAIC

Latest threads

Top Bottom