• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Not trying to start an unfounded rumor, but I was in my local Walmart today and they had a big bunch of 7.62x51 ammo marked "discontinued" and priced at under $15 a box for brass-cased boxer-primed stuff. Then I noticed that pretty much everything in the gun area, other than shotguns and shotgun shells, were marked down and tagged "clearance". The clearance prices weren't that great, but it looked like they might be getting rid of everything but shotguns and shotgun shells at my store. Has anyone seen anything like that where you live?

(Yeah ... I took some ammo home with me.)

toolness1

Ultimate Member
    Jan 5, 2014
    BFE, Missouri
    I sure hope it's just your store!

They had a sale on the 100 packs of bulk 12 gauge for 19.95 around here, that's the cheapest I've seen them in a couple years, usually they are around 25 per 100.

whistlersmother

Peace through strength
    Jan 29, 2013
    Fulton, MD
    Is this the zqi brand ammo?

When it first came in, it was expensive. It didn't move. Wally-world "rolled back" the price and it STILL is too expensive.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    The reason WM is closing their sporting goods departments is to make room for special welcome departments for "New Americans", where they'll hand out government-issued EBT cards, and voter registration forms with the " [ ] Democrat" box already checked.

Walmart hopes this new arrangement with the Obama administration will add $1B per week in profit to their bottom line, stop any pending IRS investigations, and signal a "new era of understanding" whereby Walmart will increase its contributions to the Democrat party.

Last edited:

Machodoc

Old Guy
    Jun 27, 2012
    Just South of Chuck County
    Is this the zqi brand ammo?

When it first came in, it was expensive. It didn't move. Wally-world "rolled back" the price and it STILL is too expensive.

That's one of the things, but they also had all the rifle--but not the shotguns--tagged. This particular ammo wasn't selling well at my local store (meaning that there was usually some on the shelves), but there were also never more than a few boxes available at a time. Then, suddenly, it was "on clearance" and there was a bunch of it on the shelves. I think the only other stuff in the case was shotgun ammo.

ALL ammo is too expensive, but that's not a terrible price these days for something that's in re-loadable brass. BTW ... the ZQI stuff is Turkish-made to very strict NATO specs. It's good stuff.

Last edited:

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    The reason WM is closing their sporting goods departments is to make room for special welcome departments for "New Americans", where they'll hand out governments issued EBT cards, and voter registration forms with the " [ ] Democrat" box already checked.

Walmart hopes this new arrangement with the Obama administration will add $1B per week in profit to their bottom line, stop any pending IRS investigations, and signal a "new era of understanding" whereby Walmart will increase its contributions to the Democrat party.

Burritos, Refried Beans, Taco Shells, and Polenta prices will be going through the roof.

Buy stock in these companies.

They gotta eat.

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    I demand wal mart stop buying all these random expensive brands and buy more TULA!
    Always more TULA!

240 towles

master of puppets
    Mar 31, 2009
    ?
    Moar! who else is selling ammo at:
    5.22 for 20 rnds of .223 or 7.62x39
    9.50 for 20 rnds of .308
    10.80 for 50 rnds 9mm
    14.20 for 50 rnds .45

fred333

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 20, 2013
    I was just at a Walmart in Fairfax and they had plenty of ammo with no clearance or sale signs in sight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom