• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Good idea. It's too bad some dealer's (including a few site IP's) require you to buy a new lock from them for each transfer, whether you already have an approved lock in the appropriate caliber or not. They must need that extra $10-20 they make off that lock. Are we really pretending that people use these things and need one for each gun they own? I don't think I've ever taken any of mine out of the package.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    Anyways, I think I have one left in .45ACP. If you're sure that you can provide your own (check with your FFL), it's up for whoever needs it.

Edit: No longer available, sorry

Last edited:

CroftonBilly

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2011
    Crofton
    I could use a 9mm lock that'll fit a Glock 19. You can have it back when I'm done, I only want to borrow it.

I have a 45ACP that I can lend out too. Used it on my 1911 and XDM45 just fine. I want it back though.

PM me if interested. Can meet at On Target.

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    Who are our law afficiandos for gun stuff? Make sure that the requirement is only to possess the lock at the time of the sale. No need to actually purchase it from the transferring dealer......

FrankOceanXray

Ultimate Member
    Oct 29, 2008
    ^ Still our money. It is really up to us.

I hate spending my hard earned money and getting no customer service. If a store doesn't want to obey the law and instead make their own rules along the way - in the name of CYA even - and in effect side with the gun grabbers, complicating the laws, have at it. My money is already gone elsewhere. I don't see anything folks around here are offering I cannot get someplace else. This is not the reason for the gun lock exchange idea. It is to legally provide a means for folks to not waste their money, nor bolster the very laws that oppress 2A.

Billcw

Ultimate Member
    Oct 26, 2008
    Hanover,md
    And these FFL's should be told that we will not purchase a gun from them if they force us to buy the lock, when we already have a MD approved lock.

They have the right to cover themselves ..

Look I have been on both sides of the counter and maybe you all are up standing individuals but your not everyone .. The store has the right to set thier own policies .. They are not breaking any law by setting these policies .

Now like people will say "I do not have to spend my money" nope you do not you can pick and choose where you go to . But we as a consumer do not have to deal with the outcome of dealing with the state or ATF when it comes to firearms related matters .

You may not like what I am saying but it is true regardless of what we think .

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    You can have all of the locks I've ever gotten. They are probably still in the original packaging, since I never use them......

FreeState

Ultimate Member
    Oct 31, 2010
    White Marsh
    Good idea. It's too bad some dealer's (including a few site IP's) require you to buy a new lock from them for each transfer, whether you already have an approved lock in the appropriate caliber or not. They must need that extra $10-20 they make off that lock. Are we really pretending that people use these things and need one for each gun they own? I don't think I've ever taken any of mine out of the package.

The whole lock thing is silly. We encourage people to bring their own lock, but the law is the law and they have to have one. We would be glad to be a repository for used locks. People could come get them or we could send them, or maybe someone has another idea.

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    Damn freestate gets better and better. I got one came on a .38 but its a trigger lock u can borrow just shoot me a pm. U can pick it up at my house or ill ship.

backnblack

Ultimate Member
    Nov 6, 2009

Let's post up who they are and avoid doing business with them. Get the word out.

jaredm1

Ultimate Member
    Nov 22, 2008
    Shrewsbury
    The whole lock thing is silly. We encourage people to bring their own lock, but the law is the law and they have to have one. We would be glad to be a repository for used locks. People could come get them or we could send them, or maybe someone has another idea.

:thumbsup:

Damn freestate gets better and better. I got one came on a .38 but its a trigger lock u can borrow just shoot me a pm. U can pick it up at my house or ill ship.

I think the law requires that the lock go into the chamber like the Omega locks (basically the only lock that's approved). Not totally sure on that though. I have still been made to buy a lock, even when the gun I bought came with the cable-type or trigger guard locks.

Let's post up who they are and avoid doing business with them. Get the word out.

Honestly, I don't feel like getting into an argument with someone because I mentioned their favorite gun shop and all they're doing is "covering their asses" so it's ok. I personally know where I will and won't shop anymore and that's about the best I can do. If you're not sure about the shop you're doing the transfer at, call and ask if it's ok to supply your own MD-approved lock. :thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom