• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Brent

#2ALivesMatter
    Nov 22, 2013
    Amongst the Deplorables, SC.
    This is the email I just sent:

"Hello --

My name is Brent XXXXX and I am currently in the pending stage of my Training Exempt HQL. I have a couple questions regarding three fields marked incomplete on my checklist. The first is a NICS clearance, second a CJIS, and third JIS. Now the Incomplete mark means that they need more information and that I will be contacted? I have never had to wait for, let alone be denied by, a NICS check for long gun purchase in this state. Furthermore, I have no criminal history so I am confused as to what information I would need to provide for the CJIS and JIS columns. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back soon."

Any pearls of wisdom from the community??

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    This is the email I just sent:

"Hello --

My name is Brent XXXXX and I am currently in the pending stage of my Training Exempt HQL. I have a couple questions regarding three fields marked incomplete on my checklist. The first is a NICS clearance, second a CJIS, and third JIS. Now the Incomplete mark means that they need more information and that I will be contacted? I have never had to wait for, let alone be denied by, a NICS check for long gun purchase in this state. Furthermore, I have no criminal history so I am confused as to what information I would need to provide for the CJIS and JIS columns. Thank you for your time and I look forward to hearing back soon."

Any pearls of wisdom from the community??

Just means they are taking their good ole time processing your application. It takes minutes to do the checks, they then have to enter the results into the HQL application system.

DutchV

Ultimate Member
    Jul 8, 2012
    Mine was in Pending or Incomplete for a couple of weeks, then all sections went to Complete all at once. Came in the mail about a week later. Maybe somebody at the MSP took a vacation and less work is getting done.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    All of the insults to the folks working there aside...

Patience OP... the facts...

• there are only so many people working on the many applications that are submitted.
    • when any step in the process is interrupted by possible data issues ...
    - other persons (possibly prohibited) with similar name/alias,
    - same or close dob,
    - similar personal identifiers...

Those things must be investigated... That takes more time to complete the application.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    All of the insults to the folks working there aside...

Patience OP... the facts...

• there are only so many people working on the many applications that are submitted.
    • when any step in the process is interrupted by possible data issues ...
    - other persons (possibly prohibited) with similar name/alias,
    - same or close dob,
    - similar personal identifiers...

Those things must be investigated... That takes more time to complete the application.

You must not be following along with all the senseless ******** coming out of licensing lately......

2YsS6YI.gif

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Bottom line is they have the power. They say it can take up to 30 days and they don't have to do any better. There is no bonus for getting them out in 14 days. Go run for the legislative, that might change things. I would but inhaled in college and there was always that misunderstanding with that sheep. By the way it took 30 days for me and I have a ccw, collector, and md qualified handgun instructor. Guess it was cause mine was free.

lkrose78

Nov 18, 2016
    AA County
    I'm in the same boat. They called just now and said they couldn't see my DD-214. 5 minutes later and now almost everything is done, but I'm incomplete for CJIS and Secondary Review.

Submitted on 11 Nov with DHMH completed on 16 Nov. Oh Well...almost there!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom