• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jmac

Jan 24, 2011
    St. Marys County, Maryland
    im off tomorrow.. if i get things done early and have time.. i may go there tomorrow. test out the a-max load for 308.

I still owe you those used rounds I promised I haven't forgotten just got busy. My work just move my schedule around and now I am off saturdays. I will shoot you a pm next time I head up that way.

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    I still owe you those used rounds I promised I haven't forgotten just got busy. My work just move my schedule around and now I am off saturdays. I will shoot you a pm next time I head up that way.

no worries. ;)

will catch up sometime. not going anywhere since i didnt win the mega million. haha

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Yeah, he sold it, but he still has plenty of bolt components for it though...

You sure about a .22lr challenge?? You guys are in the heart of Al's territory if .22's are involved..., but that should be interesting.

Alright Brad, here is the official target for the 22 challenge.

50 rounds, 100 yards ... the most hits.. wins

Attachments

• 20010.pdf
      14.2 KB · Views: 172

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    That should be interesting, I'd blow that one with my .22, doesn't like 36gr rounds and the scope is pretty much done, so that'd be more of a 3-horse race. :o

Just don't get cocky and tell al to go irons with that 20" upper he's got, he's actually done pretty well with just the irons on there before. He may not tear one ragged hole, but for a .22 at distance, it's been respectable.

Now if I can find a decent (cheap) .22 scope and some 40gr LRN .22, I'd give it a go with the old school marlin 60, just to see what that old plinker has left in it. ;)

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    That should be interesting, I'd blow that one with my .22, doesn't like 36gr rounds and the scope is pretty much done, so that'd be more of a 3-horse race. :o

Just don't get cocky and tell al to go irons with that 20" upper he's got, he's actually done pretty well with just the irons on there before. He may not tear one ragged hole, but for a .22 at distance, it's been respectable.

Now if I can find a decent (cheap) .22 scope and some 40gr LRN .22, I'd give it a go with the old school marlin 60, just to see what that old plinker has left in it. ;)

ill be using a ruger 1022, stock barrel and trigger. cheap 3-9x32mm scope with a duplex reticle(bushnell) and whatever bulk ammo is on sale.

I'm going to light a fire on Al and get him to shoot his VZ58 vs my AKM... open sights , clays at 100 yards.:D He thinks Lx1x and I cheat because we wear bifocal glasses. He thinks it magnifies our sight picture.....that is messed up. lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    ill be using a ruger 1022, stock barrel and trigger. cheap 3-9x32mm scope with a duplex reticle(bushnell) and whatever bulk ammo is on sale.

I'm going to light a fire on Al and get him to shoot his VZ58 vs my AKM... open sights , clays at 100 yards.:D He thinks Lx1x and I cheat because we wear bifocal glasses. He thinks it magnifies our sight picture.....that is messed up. lol

:lol: :lol2:

I'm going to have some fun with Al about that then... :D

I just saw his VZ not that long ago, he was getting a RDO zeroed one day before church down at MG, seemed to do pretty well at 75. I haven't seen him shoot irons with that, so you may have the upper hand there.

I'm still trying to get him to bring out his 'customized' 1911... :innocent0

chris12138

Kitchen Table Machinist
    Jul 12, 2011
    St Marys
    Brad, you can borrow my stock 10/22 with a NCStar 3-9x40 just to keep it even :D

Don't let the "patina" fool ya, shes a shooter :lol2:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Just got back. Not a bad day. Was full when I got there and saw anther mds person. Nice meeting you smpress? All were safe with excception of one guy. Good thing I was on my way out. I let booboo handle him. Lol

Edit/add: im getting rusty. My shots were all over. Around 2moa at 100yds.:(

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    Just got back. Not a bad day. Was full when I got there and saw anther mds person. Nice meeting you smpress? All were safe with excception of one guy. Good thing I was on my way out. I let booboo handle him. Lol

Edit/add: im getting rusty. My shots were all over. Around 2moa at 100yds.:(

You have to admit that we've been slacking off. Those skills are perishable. Just like day old sushi.

So drop what ever you are doing and head to the range more often. Besides, crazyal misses you and wants a hug.:D

It's that time of the year where the " Range Goddess" may appear. Think about tank tops, 44 magnum and a high speed camera.

Soon, it will be time to bring out the " tactical umbrellas" Darn, my nose got sunburned from the other day.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    "Soon, it will be time to bring out the " tactical umbrellas""
    I was at hearbor fright today and saw a nice one for $9. but I am still trying to figure out how to or have someone make me a bracket to hold the umbrella to the table.

SCARCQB

Get Opp my rawn, Plick!
    Jun 25, 2008
    Undisclosed location
    "Soon, it will be time to bring out the " tactical umbrellas""
    I was at hearbor fright today and saw a nice one for $9. but I am still trying to figure out how to or have someone make me a bracket to hold the umbrella to the table.

Duct tape the umbrella onto a C- clamp... You can clamp it onto the table

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    You have to admit that we've been slacking off. Those skills are perishable. Just like day old sushi.

So drop what ever you are doing and head to the range more often. Besides, crazyal misses you and wants a hug.:D

It's that time of the year where the " Range Goddess" may appear. Think about tank tops, 44 magnum and a high speed camera.
    Soon, it will be time to bring out the " tactical umbrellas" Darn, my nose got sunburned from the other day.

You already missed the first one about 2 (maybe 3) weeks ago, nicely built blonde - early/mid 20's, white tank top - but the 9mm didn't get her jiggling though... :sad20:

lx1x

Peanut Gallery
    Apr 19, 2009
    Maryland
    Ah yhe mg goddess who will forget that. I think als drool still on the concteye pad. It was potent, it melted the concrete. Lol

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Ohh, that MG Goddess - I only just recently heard about her from Al and a few others, they seemed to recall that day quite fondly..., no idea why. :innocent0

I'm always looking out for the next MG Goddess... :D

Mdeng

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Nov 13, 2009
    Virginia
    Lol al will be all over you then. Lol

:puke2: I'll be sure to add eye bleach to my range bag.

Ok, I think I just threw up in my mouth Perrin. Perhaps you could wear a banana hammock as well just to make sure you can clear all the tables.

Is anyone shooting on Sunday and do they open at 9 on Easter?

Perrin, no banana hammock, Yogi will call cold range on you, it is for your safety! :)

:lol::lol::lol:

Look at it this way. We have all complained about the wait times. Here's a great way to clear out the range for our use. :lol2:

:bannana::ohnoes::bannana:

I may try to come down on Sunday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom