• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

BenL

John Galt Speaking.
    So is everyone on MDS sending in their applications?

I was at Maryland Livescan today getting my prints for my Florida permit, and the 20 minutes I was there, there were 6-7 people in line (3 in front of me and 4 behind) specifically there to apply for a Maryland permit.

goalie098

Trigger Monkey
    Oct 18, 2010
    Finksburg, MD
    It would be nice if there were enough people applying to significantly impact the MD 97% approval rate, just in case MSP continues with business-as-usual.

I was at Livescan today and he said he has done about 100 per day since the decision. With those numbers and multiple locations there should be some impact.

Weak_Hand_Only

Mar 17, 2010
    I was at Absolute Investigative today on Joppa rd in Towson getting mine done and the owner said they had been swamped all week.

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Crap. MSP did not take receipt of my permit package and post office left a notice at 8:07 am...post office says its now up to recipient to either have it redelivered or picked up. They have 5 days to pick it up or reschedule then it comes back to me. I did the livescan on Wed so I guess I'm screwed.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    This could be interesting; we need to keep an eye on this.

Are you sure the addressing was correct?

Atlasarmory

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 2, 2009
    Glen Burnie
    Crap. MSP did not take receipt of my permit package and post office left a notice at 8:07 am...post office says its now up to recipient to either have it redelivered or picked up. They have 5 days to pick it up or reschedule then it comes back to me. I did the livescan on Wed so I guess I'm screwed.

Can you go get it and hand deliver it. Is there any way to find out if they refused delivery of it ?

Maryland Hunter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2008

You might be best to pick it up (if you can) and deliver it yourself. There is nothing on the app that I could find about mailing vs hand delivery, only something on the MSP web site about it. Something about visits are discouraged, but it didn't say forbidden.:innocent0

Man, I hope this isn't some kind of game that they'll be playing.:sad20:

They haven't gotten mine today yet either.

MH

csanc123

Ultimate Member
    Aug 26, 2009
    Montgomery County
    Yep right address..when I called postal service they said recipient (msp) was
    Temporarily unavailable (that's a new one!)...I called map and they said they pick up mail everyday (but not yet today and it's already almost 4!)

This could be interesting; we need to keep an eye on this.

Are you sure the addressing was correct?

biermkr

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2007
    Almost Heaven

From the MDSP document on LIve Scan Fingerprinting:

APPLICATIONS MUST BE POSTMARKED AS SENT TO THE LICENSING DIVISION OR STAMPED AS DELIVERED TO THE LICENSING DIVISION WITHIN 72 HOURS OF FINGERPRINTS BEING ELECTRONICALLY SUBMITTED. IF YOUR APPLICATION IS NOT SUBMITTED WITHIN 72 HOURS IT MAY BE RETURNED TO THE APPLICANT.

emphasis mine.

I am not a lawyer but I think you have complied with the instructions by having your application postmarked within 72 hours of your Live Scan fingerprinting.

As gprimr sais this needs close crutiny for a pattern of behavior on the MDSP actions.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Thanks. I wonder if they are getting a lot more from MD residents these days.

You're most certainly welcome. I've been harping on my father to get his VA Non-res since he has property down there (dual benefit and one of the main reasons I got mine), and of course he has procrastinated. When I talked to him on Tuesday, he asked me how we should proceed and I told him let's wait and see if the stay is issued or not.

I know that I have been encouraging my friends and family who follow this to get the VA (or Utah) Non-res so they can then carry in our neighboring states as well as our home state as soon as we get this all sorted out.

Even if we get instant reciprocity from the neighboring state's for just having our MD carry permit, I consider it a nice donation to their coffers for not infringing upon our rights.

Oh, and thanks for all the good legal analysis and insights. Not sure if you worked directly on the case or if you've just been an interested party, but it definitely brings acute knowledge to this topic. Much appreciated.

All the other legal eagles that aren't attorneys, and all the MSI and SAF folks as well, thank you. Don't know if I have said that officially in the last 5 days or not, but here it is. Money talks too (and you've got a donation coming your ways as well).

esqappellate

President, MSI
    Feb 12, 2012
    Oh, and thanks for all the good legal analysis and insights. Not sure if you worked directly on the case or if you've just been an interested party, but it definitely brings acute knowledge to this topic. Much appreciated.

Thanks very much! The 2A is a passion of mine and shooting been part of my life since I was 8 years old. I do appellate and Supreme Court litigation for a living. They blend well. :) BTW, I am not counsel or a party to any of these cases and my views in these posts are purely personal and not intended to accord anyone legal advice. I just give a damn.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Just because MD starts issuing permits does not mean we will start getting reciprocity from other states, especially if the standards are not similar. I would keep my other permits up to date. Reciprocal agreements are a ways down the road IMO.

MD may have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that area as well.

Glaug-Eldare

BANNED!!!
    Jan 17, 2011
    Just because MD starts issuing permits does not mean we will start getting reciprocity from other states, especially if the standards are not similar. I would keep my other permits up to date. Reciprocal agreements are a ways down the road IMO.

MD may have to be dragged kicking and screaming to that area as well.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    Thanks very much! The 2A is a passion of mine and shooting been part of my life since I was 8 years old. I do appellate and Supreme Court litigation for a living. They blend well. :) BTW, I am not counsel or a party to any of these cases and my views in these posts are purely personal and not intended to accord anyone legal advice. I just give a damn.
    Even better.

Incoming PM.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads