• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Expendables

Sep 8, 2010
    Parkville, MD
    Hey Guys,

Today I came across an offer to purchase a brand new PS90 for $871 OTD. The amazing price is through a Law Enforcement Discount Program by FN. I already know how amazing this deal is but in order for me to purchase this weapon I would have to sell one or two safe queens. If any of you have this weapon please tell me how you like it and if you have had any bad experiences. I am also interested to know how much you shoot it given the price on 5.7 ammo.
    Its an impulse buy of a lifetime but I just bought a house in February so the mortgage comes first.

Thanks!

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    I wouldn't do it if I were you.

Sure, that's probably a $300~ savings from normal retail, which is a good deal. Any yes, the PS90 is a great gun, but...

- many indoor ranges won't let you shoot, too fast.
    - you will have to buy the higher capacity (up to 50 rounds) mags out of state
    - every year more people are getting them, so the cool factor is being undermined
    - bullets are still considerably more than most excellent handgun rounds

On the other hand, the 5.7 bullet is proven to be an incredible power factor, comparable to the very best .45ACP rounds available. And each bullet is roughly the same cost; big advantage is that you can carry many more of them and they are much lighter.

Unless you have that much disposable cash, I would pass on this deal.

Having said that, this gun is the ultimate zombie stopper; ultimate home defense gun; ultimate range toy (nearly 0 recoil), and frankly the best CQB carbine available today, just ask the US Secret Service.

Don't do it. :)

DarthZed

Ultimate Member
    Sep 25, 2010
    Howard County
    I shot mine last weekend, awesome gun. My new favorite to shoot. Trigger is much better than my MSAR, about as good as my Sig 556. My 10 year old nephew shot it, and emptied two mags. His father is a WV State Trooper, and he was really impressed with the gun's handling, accuracy and lack of recoil. I'd buy another one at that price right now, just to have it.

Edit: Minuteman, I paid $1600 for mine out the door (which seems to be the going price, when you can even find them), so its more like a $600-$700 savings. Yes, you need to buy hi-cap mags out of state, but you have to do that with everything that uses hi-cap mags. Some indoor ranges might not allow the gun, but simply consider the firearm more of a carbine, and treat it as such. There might be more on the market every year, but its still very uncommon. You got me on ammo though. Damned expensive, when you can find it. I have 1000 rounds of 40 grain thats been on backorder through Sportsmansguide for months. They just sent me an e-mail saying the expected delivery date has been moved back again to August. :sad20:

bbguns

Defend the Constitution
    Jan 28, 2010
    Heading to Free America
    I just saw a used one (without a magazine...previous owner only had 50-round mags...got to love Md) for $1295.

Sounds like you are getting a great deal.

razorV23

TK421
    Dec 18, 2008
    Annapolis
    I bought mine at the same LEO price. I like it so much, I bought a FiveseveN to match it. Remember, if you have LEO cred you can buy the ammo cheaper too.

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    So you want feedback about the PS90 huh?

Paging SCARCQB, Paging SCARCQB - your 'hands on' experience/commentary is being requested...

:D

rsideout

MDS Supporter
    Dec 11, 2009
    MD - Capital Region
    Buy it. :thumbsup: If you don't like it, I'll take it off your hands for what you paid. Including any left over ammo and mags. Although I already have plenty of both for use in my AR57's. Just PM me after you've played with the gun and are ready to get your money back.

Ppat

Jun 2, 2012
    Seems like an amazing deal... Ammunitiontogo.com has 500 rounds for .52 cents a round... Im not sure how much these rounds go for normally though...

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Don't do it.

Might be one from the 'bad batch' they dumped on the 'police only' contract.
    Just made that up, totally kidding.

Seriously, These are awesome guns, and if you can afford it, an awesome deal. Expensive to shoot... Don't do it. :) do it ;)

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church
    I would have done it. Then promptly sent it to TROS to be chopped and registered as an SBR. Then I would have gotten a can rated for 5.7x28mm...

I actually like the "reflex" sight those came with originally (I think it's still an option). There's an illuminator you can get for it so it turns from a craptastic waste of space to a usable sight. Or get the tri-rail and throw on a T1.

MPDickerson101

MPDickerson101
    Jan 30, 2012
    Gotham City (Baltimore)
    That was a sweet price...one to jump on!
    I purchased my PS90 when they first came out from Shooter's Paradise (RIP) in Woodbridge, Virginia. It was $1700+tax. A few weeks later, I picked up the FiveSeven ($950). I enjoy them of both. At first, I did have some cycling issues with the PS90.... she just needed a little lube and some time to get broken in.
    I purchased 4K rounds (SS195LF) for about $1,400 back then. That quantity now runs about $2000. I am not a fan of the cost of the ammo, but shooting the PS90/FS makes up for it.
    Had that opportunity fell at my feet, I would have snatched it up and given it to my GF or held on to it for a resale in the future. it would have been money in the bank for sure. the great thing about deals is that they usually come back around in some shape or form!

Forest

The AR guy
    Jul 13, 2011
    I'm no fan of the round, but that's a kick-ass price for a very fun firearm.

dwhaley

Oct 20, 2008
    I think you can find 5.7 ammo for comparable pricing to .45ACP if you shop around online. It'd be a fun, unique toy, and the price kicks butt.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Buy it. I'll give you $1000 for it.....you can make a profit. Seriously.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom