HB-115: Task Force to Study Firearms and Global Positioning Satellite (GPS) Devices

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    More from our "friend" Delegate Conaway.

This guy is nuttier than a Stuckey's pecan log

http://mgaleg.maryland.gov/2014RS/bills/hb/hb0115f.pdf

f) The Task Force shall:
    (1) study the feasibility, utility, benefits, and costs of using GPS technology to track and monitor firearms sold and possessed in the State; and 26
    (2) make​

Venge

Dec 6, 2013
    Frederick Co.
    GPS is sophisticated instrumentation. Must be so sensitive to recoil and heat.

I'm kidding. What, I wonder, would they do for power? Would they force the gun owner to buy new batteries for the GPS all the time? This is goofy.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    The session is two days old and already I feel like I'm going to have a stroke.
    How about a bill that limits legislative stupidity?

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    On the plus side, I see this includes MSI and AGC representation on the membership list. Maybe they can talk some sense into the panel.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    The good news is that everyone in the MGA knows this guy is a nut.

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    Sad part is I could see it being passed purely as a means to send money to whatever cronies are involved on their side of the "study".

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    The good news is that everyone in the MGA knows this guy is a nut.

Baptist Gnostic Christian Eubonic Kundalinion Spiritual Ki Do Hermeneutic Metaphysics: The Word: Hermeneutics

by Frank Conaway Jr (Author)

Paperback
    $11.23
    7 Used from $15.70
    14 New from $10.20

My reseach of the Holy Bible through Rev. S. Green's Baptist Temple incorporated with the martial arts style of Death Ki Do under Grand Master L. R. Butcher came in union to form the sub style of Spiritual Ki Do. In entering the internal styles of the martial arts and pondering the available life experiences lead me to a new term which I relate to the philosophical term "Spiritual Shock" as a form of awareness effect of raising the Brazen Serpent upon the pole of the spine using the Gnostic cypher key in relation to the book of the Apocalypse.

http://www.amazon.com/Christian-Kundalinion-Spiritual-Hermeneutic-Metaphysics/dp/0595206786

51CcKGRVVoL._SY344_PJlook-inside-v2,TopRight,1,0_SH20_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Mr Bear

Ultimate Member
    Jan 17, 2013
    Maryland
    So this mental midget wants the act to take effect up to 7 months before the task force has to make its recommendations. Makes sense to me.

This guy must win the prize for genuine stupidity.

Sharadeth

Oct 11, 2011
    Hmmmm, at an average assumed cost of $80 per GPS unit and the recurring cost of batteries....... I wonder what kind of taxes they would have to push to fund this little idea. Maybe these are the people we need to test for mental stability? :sad20:

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Hmmmm, at an average assumed cost of $80 per GPS unit and the recurring cost of batteries....... I wonder what kind of taxes they would have to push to fund this little idea. Maybe these are the people we need to test for mental stability? :sad20:

You expect the state to fund this? Nope, if the state comes to the decision to do this, they will require the manufacturers to do this, and the buyer to foot the whole cost.

natsb

Ultimate Member
    Sep 18, 2013
    southern MD
    Since GPS requires open sky to work, does this mean open carry will be required? How will the law read? "All firearms must not be carried in a holster, case, or other container."

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

Gryphon

inveniam viam aut faciam
    Patriot Picket
    Mar 8, 2013
    And of course we know all the criminals will gladly install such GPS units the moment they purchase the firearms on the street corner, and happily keep fresh batteries in them during armed robberies, gang related induction "ceremonies," home invasions, and during celebratory fire on News Years and July 4th :sad20: What a moron!

dblas

Past President, MSI
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 6, 2011
    Since GPS requires open sky to work, does this mean open carry will be required? How will the law read? "All firearms must not be carried in a holster, case, or other container."

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk

I am betting he wants the firearm to transmit its location as well. So that would also require a transmitter of some sort. More power consumption, Depending on where it is mounted in the handgun (grip)the signal would be diminished/cancelled just by simply holding the firearm.

Bertfish

Throw bread on me
    Mar 13, 2013
    White Marsh, MD
    This reminds me of that Federal bill a few years back that wanted to require Iris Scans in order to purchase a firearm. Just more obstacles to legal gun ownership. At least their tactic is predictable

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    This guy really needs a good talking to, but I'm not sure how much that'd help...
    Wow. Just wow.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom