• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Rent(s) “Rent” means the temporary transfer for consideration of a regulated firearm that is taken from the property of the owner of the regulated firearm.

MD PUBLIC SAFETY § 5-101

So this closes the "loophole" that a regulated firearm may be transferred if the MSP take 6 months to approve paperwork? I guess it's a good think approvals are only taking 2 days now.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    So this closes the "loophole" that a regulated firearm may be transferred if the MSP take 6 months to approve paperwork? I guess it's a good think approvals are only taking 2 days now.

I wouldn't be surprised to see those 6 month waits come back if there were no incentive for the MSP to process the applications in a defined time period.

The sphinx

Ultimate Member
    Jun 27, 2013
    Delaware
    O this is perfect! Since so many firearms got into the hands of so many prohibited people!

Last edited:

rwbow1969

Get Wiffit
    Dec 10, 2011
    Clearspring
    I see this as the state closing the 8th day release to whenever they feel like getting the paperwork done. :mad54:

(C) NOTWITHSTANDING THE TIME PERIOD FOR DISAPPROVAL OF A FIREARM APPLICATION UNDER § 5–122 OF THIS SUBTITLE, A LICENSEE OR OTHER PERSON MAY NOT SELL, RENT, OR TRANSFER A REGULATED FIREARM TO A FIREARM APPLICANT UNTIL THE LICENSEE OR OTHER PERSON HAS RECEIVED NOTICE FROM THE SECRETARY THAT THE APPLICANT’S FIREARM APPLICATION HAS BEEN APPROVED.

ShallNotInfringe

Lil Firecracker
    Feb 17, 2013
    What is this "APPROVED" language? Since when do firearms applicants seek approval from the state to exercise their 2nd amendment rights? Isn't the semantic "NOT DISAPPROVED", in that they couldn't find a reason not to disapprove an applicant...

So basically, they could shut down operations and no regulated firearms are transferred?

These politicians have gotten brazen.

Gotta admit, this is not a surprise given the situation presented this year. Another level of control they seek.

Last edited:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think the key is going to be linking this with something else the government has to approve that liberals like.

Feb 28, 2013
    But wait a minute. I thought Frosh said there "weren't going to be any pushes for new laws". :rolleyes:

Unbelieveable...:mad54:

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    I wouldn't be surprised to see those 6 month waits come back if there were no incentive for the MSP to process the applications in a defined time period.

And so it begins.................
    The "Eighth Day Release" claus has saved almost, if not, more than 100,000 regulated firearms from still being in the logjam. MSP has only entered the month of August of applications backlogged.

But wait a minute. I thought Frosh said there "weren't going to be any pushes for new laws". :rolleyes:

Unbelieveable...:mad54:

.......And OMalley reportedly back in 2007 said we didn't need any new gun laws, we needed to enforce the one's we already had on the books.

I knew deep down inside there would be more anti-2A slimy shit oozing out of Annapolis stinking up this state in the 2014 GA though my fellow constituants of the MLFDA, with exception of one (other than myself), thought we would be "left alone" by those libtards. Yeah, one person other than myself on the Board knew shit would continue to pour out of the sesspool on Bladen Street in 2014.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom