• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Engine4

Curmudgeon
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 30, 2012
    Mike said he is waiting to get the official okay from the ethics folks.

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Folks,

Just a quick update on this one. Delegate Smigiel has received comments/opinions from several offices on the matter. According to the advice given by the Ethics folks who consulted with the State Board of Elections:
    an argument could be made that this is a continuation of the fundraising event that occurred prior to session beginning. If the State Board agrees with that argument, the Delegate would have to return all of the money he received at the fundraiser and would be subject to a rather substantial civil fine. Also, if someone is donating the item to the campaign as an in-kind contribution and did not actually transfer the item to the campaign prior to session, transferring the item now would be accepting a contribution during session, which would be a problem.
    We have spoken with Mike and he will complete the drawing after Sine Die to avoid any possible ethics conflicts.

Yes, Andi and I think its silly too but we both want to make sure he gets re-elected ;-)

MJD438

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 28, 2012
    Somewhere in MD
    Per comments from Delegate Smigiel:
    I will hold it this weekend, I was prohibited from doing so because of the ethics rules. They decided that it would have been a "continuation" of a fundraising effort during session.

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    :bowdown:
    You weren't given numbers, lol. Mike is making a list and will pull a number out of a hat that matches a name on the master list that I or someone else will have. Its the same way we did it last time. He is trying to get it done on Saturday. If your name is pulled and you wish to karma it to someone else, you can let us know when you see the video we are hoping to do of it. As soon as I know the winner, I will of course also post it here. (The only reason I might not be there is if I am on the range--I'm sure you'll understand that I am craving some action after 90 days in Annapolis ) :gun2::gun2::gun2::gun2:

andimorony

Ultimate Member
    Dec 29, 2009
    No, but I *THINK* he'll be doing another firearms raffle extremely soon. I'll confirm that too when he gets back to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom