• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jlowe23

Industry Partner
    Mar 16, 2014
    Cecil County
    So I am trying to figure out if this is a "legal" hand gun in Maryland.

http://www.taurususa.com/product-details.cfm?id=841&category=Revolver&toggle=tr&breadcrumbseries=41

The roster lists the Taurus Judge Ultra-Lite 4510TKR .45 LC/.410 Gauge

but there is no "Judge Ultra-Lite 4510TKR" at least not that I can find.

Does the 4510TKR include all of the 4510TKR series?

What do you guys think??

btw I have a call into the Roster Board for clarification.

j_h_smith

Ultimate Member
    Jul 28, 2007
    As far as I know all of the Judge handguns are legal. I've seen many different models at gun shows. This information is worth exactly the amount you paid for it.

Jim Smith

Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I was looking at a Judge when they first hit the market but then the S&W Governor reared it's head and I opted for the 6 round .45 ACP/45 long colt/ 410 shotshell capable Smith instead of the 5 shot Judge which is only 45 long colt/410. I don't regret the extra money spent. They are both MD legal as they are handguns on the roster.

ShoreShooter

Ultimate Member
    Feb 27, 2013
    Hickock45 did a review of this sort of pistol on youtube some time ago. I don't recall if it was the Judge, or one of the similar pistols. Take a look before you buy.

vinjet700

No one of significance
    Mar 1, 2013
    State of absolute disgust
    I was looking at a Judge when they first hit the market but then the S&W Governor reared it's head and I opted for the 6 round .45 ACP/45 long colt/ 410 shotshell capable Smith instead of the 5 shot Judge which is only 45 long colt/410. I don't regret the extra money spent. They are both MD legal as they are handguns on the roster.

Yes, the Taurus Judge is legal in MD. Although, I would recommend the S&W Governor, as it's generally a better quality handgun.

I have 2 friends with Judges and 1 with a Governor. I like the Governor better overall.

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    It's both a 45 colt with a ton of freebore, shallow rifling and accuracy that is finicky at best, AND a handheld shotgun without enough barrel to get much velocity or a pattern useable past a couple feet. It could be fun gimmick to play with in some instances, but it's an idiotic defensive choice, has no sporting or competition value, and can have the spotty quality control Taurus is known for. The S&W governor is made better, and adds a little versatility in the way of 45ACP, but even still, it's a novelty IMO.

plinkerton

Ultimate Member
    Dec 30, 2012
    Abingdon
    It's both a 45 colt with a ton of freebore, shallow rifling and accuracy that is finicky at best, AND a handheld shotgun without enough barrel to get much velocity or a pattern useable past a couple feet. It could be fun gimmick to play with in some instances, but it's an idiotic defensive choice, has no sporting or competition value, and can have the spotty quality control Taurus is known for. The S&W governor is made better, and adds a little versatility in the way of 45ACP, but even still, it's a novelty IMO.

One of my friend's has a judge with about a 5 inch barrel. It is much more accurate than the 2 inch barrel the other friend has. Either way I would agree that it is a toy more than anything else.

The only practical application I know of is a farmer friend who uses one on little varmints around the barn.

alucard0822

For great Justice
    Oct 29, 2007
    PA
    One of my friend's has a judge with about a 5 inch barrel. It is much more accurate than the 2 inch barrel the other friend has. Either way I would agree that it is a toy more than anything else.

The only practical application I know of is a farmer friend who uses one on little varmints around the barn.

Yea, would be a good snake or rat pistol without having to use CCI pistol shotshells, but that's about it. The couple examples I've tried were EXTREMELY ammo sensitive, and not terribly accurate, the short and shallow rifling probably just struggles to stabilize bullets, a longer barrel would probably go a long way to help that, but at the expense of portability, especially with the giant cylinder already making her a chubby girl.

rockstarartist

I shoot like an android
    May 3, 2009
    Baltimore City
    Well, if you are looking for a Judge, A2 Sales has a used one at a great price.

My father in law passed away and I took several of his firearms there for consignment. I have the listed price somewhere around here, ill post it if i find it. Otherwise, just give them a call.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom