• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Johnthetoolguy

Ultimate Member
    Feb 4, 2009
    Pasadena
    The Goodyear store near me sucks with service too. I never went there but both of my daughters took their cars there ONCE. I told them to stay away from there after they told me their stories. You know the kind. They both went there for an oil change (which I asked them not to do) and came out spending money for some bogus BS.
    And yes, Goodyear tires suck!

Last edited:

JettaRed

Ultimate Member
    Mar 13, 2013
    Middletown
    ... but I for one will certainly avoid giving my money to a company that is openly hostile to my 2A rights...

I'm sorry, but I just have to say this. :P You do know that firearms (as in personal concealed carry) are prohibited on federal property, yet we give the federal government more money than to anyone else! :(

yellowfin

Pro 2A Gastronome
    Jul 30, 2010
    Lancaster, PA
    That's $400-500 of money they just threw away times two vehicles times every other year for the next five to six decades. Don't know of many businesses that can do that as a matter of habit and survive.

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    Are they going to point to their no guns sign when the bad guy comes into their store?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

If a "bad guy" (any customer can be a "bad guy" or turn into one) does come to their store then the store can charge the bad guy with violation of their no gun policy as well + other charges. There's a legal reason why some stores don't want guns in their store, if you don't like it don't shop there. In fact you shouldn't shop anywhere except gun stores because not many supermarkets, retail stores, or malls allow firearms. You're second amendment rights doesn't give you the right to bring a firearm anywhere you like, there is something called private property and a store is private property and they have their own store policy.

A store can be charged for allowing a customer to come in armed and if something were to happen and another customer is injured the store can be made partially responsible for allowing guns in the first place. Though of course people like you don't think about others just your second amendment rights.

BigSteve57

Ultimate Member
    Feb 14, 2011
    We hate Goodyear. OK fine.

So if I am legally allowed to carry concealed:
    1. How are they going to know?
    2. What can they do other than ask me to leave if they somehow find out?
    So I'd be guilty of violating Goodyear Tire company policy.
    And???

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    If a "bad guy" (any customer can be a "bad guy" or turn into one) does come to their store then the store can charge the bad guy with violation of their no gun policy as well + other charges.

:lol: What? How do you come up with this stuff?

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    :lol: What? How do you come up with this stuff?

You clearly know little about the law, a store or company can charge you for violating their store policy, it's private property and there are many laws involved. Of course you haven't read anything besides the second amendment and probably the first so you wouldn't know that.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    I'm sorry, but I just have to say this. :P You do know that firearms (as in personal concealed carry) are prohibited on federal property, yet we give the federal government more money than to anyone else! :(

We don't give it, they take it.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    :smoke: um...? people still use goodyear tires? dayum, why? over-priced, wears out much quicker than led to believe, and ya can't cash in on the warranty. I bought the 75,000 miler$, they lasted for 35,000 and neither the store who installed them stood by the warranty, nor did the manufacturer. that was twenty some years ago.

whatever happened to BFGoodrich tires? wonder what their policy is. :smoke:

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    :smoke: um...? people still use goodyear tires? dayum, why? over-priced, wears out much quicker than led to believe, and ya can't cash in on the warranty. I bought the 75,000 miler$, they lasted for 35,000 and neither the store who installed them stood by the warranty, nor did the manufacturer. that was twenty some years ago.

whatever happened to BFGoodrich tires? wonder what their policy is. :smoke:

You're right I much rather use tires made by Colt, DPMS, Magpul, or Daniel Defense with a tactical quick dismount so I can take off my tires easily... :lol2:

On a serious note if you don't like Good Year don't shop there, simple.

Boom Boom

Hold my beer. Watch this.
    Jul 16, 2010
    Carroll
    You clearly know little about the law, a store or company can charge you for violating their store policy, it's private property and there are many laws involved. Of course you haven't read anything besides the second amendment and probably the first so you wouldn't know that.

Enlightening. Please continue.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    If a "bad guy" (any customer can be a "bad guy" or turn into one) does come to their store then the store can charge the bad guy with violation of their no gun policy as well + other charges. There's a legal reason why some stores don't want guns in their store, if you don't like it don't shop there. In fact you shouldn't shop anywhere except gun stores because not many supermarkets, retail stores, or malls allow firearms. You're second amendment rights doesn't give you the right to bring a firearm anywhere you like, there is something called private property and a store is private property and they have their own store policy.

A store can be charged for allowing a customer to come in armed and if something were to happen and another customer is injured the store can be made partially responsible for allowing guns in the first place. Though of course people like you don't think about others just your second amendment rights.

I get your point, but some consumer decisions can be swayed by the stances of the merchant. Not every decision, but some. If I see 3 restaurants and 2 of them are anti-2A, no matter the reason behind it(insurance, personal beliefs, political affiliation), then I'm going with the restaurant that is either neutral or pro-2A.

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    I get your point, but some consumer decisions can be swayed by the stances of the merchant. Not every decision, but some. If I see 3 restaurants and 2 of them are anti-2A, no matter the reason behind it(insurance, personal beliefs, political affiliation), then I'm going with the restaurant that is either neutral or pro-2A.

That's perfectly fine, people need to respect store policies just like you would want someone to respect your private property i.e your house or car. As for stores you can always go to a different store.

Mr H

Banana'd

All a store can "charge" is a price or fee.;)

Company policies hardly carry the weight of law.

They have no legal authority, beyond calling police to handle any "charges".

They can ask you to leave. If you choose not to, then the police might have something to say about it.

Nokas

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 30, 2013
    Baltimore
    All a store can "charge" is a price or fee.;)

They have no legal authority, beyond calling police to handle any "charges".

They can ask you to leave. If you choose not to, then the police might have something to say about it.

If you want to believe that, that's fine, enjoy being a patriot. ;)

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009

what nokas is saying here is correct. although the personal dig at "people like you don't think about others ..." i have issue with, what the message he/ she is conveying is true.

simply put, the 'no shoes-no shirt-no service' law can apply. but in the broader spectrum, and has been stated over and again, their house, their rules, don't like it, boycott it. works for me, yet i still have to have the comcast account as there is nothing that is in competition with them.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    If you want to believe that, that's fine, enjoy being a patriot. ;)

the personal digs, nokas, will get you outta here pretty quick. no censoring anyone, but there is an etiquette on the forums. it is the policy of MDShooters that anyone possessing an unknown or established animosity and displays such in a demeaning manor, will be charged with an indecency crime and thusly put on reprimand. post counts, yours at 90, are also taken into consideration. :innocent0

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    We hate Goodyear. OK fine.

So if I am legally allowed to carry concealed:
    1. How are they going to know?
    2. What can they do other than ask me to leave if they somehow find out?
    So I'd be guilty of violating Goodyear Tire company policy.
    And???

I think you're pretty much correct here but in some states like Texas for instance, it's a felony if somehow you get found to be carrying with a permit inside a posted "no guns" business.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom