• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I'm setting here bored off my rocker wishing there was a night time range close by. While dreaming up something fun to do I said, "How about buying a can of Krylon Glowz (glow in the dark spray paint), paint a case of clays and have a night time clay shoot ?" :party29:

Even better yet, what about a few black light flood lights and let the black lights light up the flo. orange clays and have a night time shoot?

Well, so much for originality LOL! : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JYUx7iD1zz4

Attachments

• Krylon_glowz_can_actual.JPG
      Krylon_glowz_can_actual.JPG
      13.6 KB · Views: 5,604

bean93x

JamBandGalore
    Mar 27, 2008
    WV
    i could see it now.. that would awesome. glow in the dark in-door paintball sounds better though.:D

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    Tried glow in the dark skeet last year down in 7D....didn't work too well AT ALL.

Yeah I've been curious about the thin design of the clays, may not have enough "surface" area to actually see the thing. My cousin and I used to shoot the glow in the dark whiffle balls with the 410 back in the day. that worked out great for a few boxes of fun.

X-Factor

I don't say please
    Jun 2, 2009
    Calvert County
    Dunno what the problem was, too non porous for the paint maybe. Even had several different types of glow in the dark paint and big spot lights to help charge them. Fail.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I wonder how the glow in dark paint would work for marking your trail from the hunting stand in the evening.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I wonder how the glow in dark paint would work for marking your trail from the hunting stand in the evening.

It would be completely useless. It has to be pre-charged to work, it's not reflective. I know some guys who use those driveway markers. My dad has them bright-eyes all over the farm.

rickyp

Ultimate Member
    Sep 13, 2009
    I am a firefighter and have a very large rool of the reflective strip we use on emergency vehacials. I take old shotgun shells and knock the primers out and put a string trough it to hang it on a tree and then wrap the shell in the reflective tape. it works real well to light up the way.

I was thinking the glow paint would be good for coming out in the evening when the light is low and had been charged up all day by the sun light
    '

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    I am a firefighter and have a very large rool of the reflective strip we use on emergency vehacials. I take old shotgun shells and knock the primers out and put a string trough it to hang it on a tree and then wrap the shell in the reflective tape. it works real well to light up the way.

I was thinking the glow paint would be good for coming out in the evening when the light is low and had been charged up all day by the sun light
    '

I had a feeling that was your thinking, but, the issue is, the paint will not hold a charge that long. Your best bet is using the reflective tape, it could be hours before you come out after dark... if you're lucky anyway LOL

Horner

Mar 7, 2012
    We have been trying the paint as well and failed miserablely. After searching YouTube found that cutting open glow sticks and pouring them over the skeet. Seems to work remarkably well.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    What would happen if one were to say...hit the black lights?

I think you'd have to understand the blacklights would be facing away from the clay / shot. Like mounted on the opposite side of the pole the fixtures are mounted on therefore protecting the bulbs from the shot.

SOMDSHOOT

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Nov 18, 2009
    Indian Head
    We have been trying the paint as well and failed miserablely. After searching YouTube found that cutting open glow sticks and pouring them over the skeet. Seems to work remarkably well.

that's about the damn finest idea I've heard yet. Make video of said idea.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom