• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rick3bears

Grumpy Old Coot
    Jul 28, 2012
    Somewhere, MD
    Got my finger prints done at MD live scan. A few days later got a letter from them saying no criminal record. this was October 29. I have been checking the MSP website for my status and it says pending and when I look at the checklist , it lists the CJIS and the JIS as incomplete. Do I need to forward a copy of this letter to MSP?

Jul 1, 2012
    It took almost 3 weeks for the CJIS and JIS to "clear" on mine, well after I received the letter. Hold tight, it'll happen :)

MINDUROWN

Nov 12, 2014
    Submitted my request on 31 Oct 2014 still in pending status no changes at all since then.
    Application\License Fee Completed Oct/30/14
    MVA Photo Completed Oct/31/14
    LiveScan Completed Oct/31/14
    Training Completed Oct/31/14
    NICS Incomplete
    METERS Completed Oct/31/14
    CJIS Incomplete
    MAFSS Completed Oct/31/14
    JIS Completed Oct/31/14
    DJS Not Applicable Oct/31/14
    DHMH Completed Oct/31/14

I was told that my name took a hit because someone else had the same name and they had to check it out. Come on man, I work for the Government and thier checks are much more involved then these guys checks. Then you have to wait for the HQL to come in the mail (Two Weeks I hear, becuase the HQL # is no longer made available till you get the Actual License) SMH, then you have to wait another week when you put in the paperwork. SMH come on Maryland lets go already. Oh I already own a Ruger .357 Mag, so it not like its my first HAndgun

Mark75H

MD Wear&Carry Instructor
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 25, 2011
    Outside the Gates
    . Then you have to wait for the HQL to come in the mail (Two Weeks I hear, becuase the HQL # is no longer made available till you get the Actual License)

From day one you had to present the plastic, simply having the number was never accepted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom