• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tower43

USMC - 0311
    Jul 6, 2010
    Lusby, MD
    Talking of mags.. are 30 rnd mags actually illegal in MD...??

I've found various websites/stores that actually say it's illegal in various states, and they list the States.

However some do and some don't list MD...

And should I stock up now while I know which stores are willing to ship to MD ;)

As stated in several places in this forum:

30 round magazine, sale or transfer is illegal. Possession and Use is not. MD Screwy gun laws.

Just go across state lines and pick up a few and come back :D

smokey

2A TEACHER
    Jan 31, 2008
    nice rifles. yall need some metal magazines!

as already said...pmags are t!tties compared to the metal mags. When i can, i want to pick up some lancer translucent mags.
    LMT_LANCER_MAG_LAR001P_ASF[1].jpg

TROOPER

Ultimate Member
    May 22, 2011
    Raleigh, NC
    OK sorry for the teaser above guys ;), now here's the completed lower.
    Still waiting to order my barrel before the upper build, but here's the lower anyway.

Attachments

• DSCN1409.JPG
      DSCN1409.JPG
      29.5 KB · Views: 619

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    standard.jpg

Spikes Hammer Forged Optimum Profile Midlength Upper
    RRA Lower
    NM LPK
    MagPul Accessories
    BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle
    TA31F ACOG
    Vortex Flash Suppressor

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    Chad,

Look forward to a report after you get it out. Would like a first hand account on the 1/2 inch MOA they claim.

I shot it yesterday. I was shooting XM193 and Prvi 75. I am not capable of shooting anywhere near 1/2 MOA with it. But that's me, the ammo and the optic.

I was capable of roughly 2.5" groups with the XM193, and roughly 1.5" with the Prvi. I have plenty of BH 77 Match, may try that sometime. But I think I would need a different trigger and optic to get anywhere near their claim.

That was leaning on a rest, now would free floating the barrel make a difference, possibly. I don't know how much pressure I was putting on the handguard when resting it.

hole punch

Paper Target Slayer
    Sep 29, 2008
    Washington Co.
    I like it a lot. It looks great and its functional. It does leave a gap between the guard and the pistol grip- which can cause blisters for people who run carbine classes. In that aspect the magpul guard is superior (although running a gapper can remedy the issue). Like everything else Knight's, its expensive and there are better 'value' out there - but I still am a huge fan of their stuff.

thanks for the response, johhny! i'll ask around and see if anyone local has got one installed so i can feel it up before i decide. :thumbsup:

Spikes Hammer Forged Optimum Profile Midlength Upper
    RRA Lower
    NM LPK
    MagPul Accessories
    BCM Gun Fighter Charging Handle
    TA31F ACOG
    Vortex Flash Suppressor

glad to hear someone else is running the RRA NM trigger. i love mine in my middy do-all/be-all gun. makes the trigger in my bushmaster feel like an AK trigger lol! i bought that trigger because i shot one and loved the feel. can i ask, why did you go with this trigger?

JeepDriver

Self confessed gun snob
    Aug 28, 2006
    White Marsh
    glad to hear someone else is running the RRA NM trigger. i love mine in my middy do-all/be-all gun. makes the trigger in my bushmaster feel like an AK trigger lol! i bought that trigger because i shot one and loved the feel. can i ask, why did you go with this trigger?

I have several of them, @ the time I bought them trigger options were limited, you didn't have the choices you have today. Over the years I've had them I've never had a problem with them. I have 10's of thousands of rounds through them over the past 6 or 7 years. I have friends with the same triggers their high round count guns that have had no issues.

I have LMT and Timiney triggers as well, while the RRA doesn't hold a candle to the Timiney, it's every bit as good as the LMT's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom