• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    the purpose of a build party is camaraderie and the chance for newbies to get with experienced builders for tutelage and guidance when they build their own rifles. payment/favors discussed ahead of time could be construed by ATF as "being in the business" and, as such, is probably just something better left to "be a chum and bring a side dish" or something. turn it into a potluck/bbq/whatever. definitely don't phrase it as 'donations to the people with the tools' just to avoid legal implications for them. :)

That's a bit more eloquent than I would have put it. :party29:

Bringing food always adds to the friendly atmosphere. :)

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    they have a really good stock from ATI that will give you a good pistol grip without moving the trigger group

no they don't. i've used it. it sucks. i'm still trying to get frozencesium to ditch the damn thing and do it right on his S12. he continues to refuse. i may have to play dirty and kidnap it....

BLACKTALON

Ammo is like food
    Aug 4, 2011
    severna park
    Awp and Armed what are you going to be working on? I am looking at kits but can't decided what I want to buy. In hindsight should have got a Egyptian kit when they were cheap

armed ferret

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Sep 23, 2008
    McDoogal's
    63 romanian build and tweaking my Khyber Pass. that's if I can even wait long enough; may just end up building as soon as I get home. :P

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I'm in for this. I'll need help welding rails in a bent flat, and setting rivets in the front trunion. Hopefully someone has the tooling for this. I have the flat bender.

Last edited:

awptickes

Jun 26, 2011
    N. Of Perryville
    I'll be rebuilding a Romanian G. The tapco receiver I used originally never worked correctly, and now that I'm getting the furniture refinished, I want it to look nice.

I may have another egyptian crutch folder ready to build by then too. I'm getting a barrel fixed right now.

EDIT:
    I have bolt cutter riveter, flat bender (non press type), spot welder with correct tips, ak-builder rail alignment tool, and a press-less barrel insertion tool (makes it a lot easier to get correct headspace.)

EDIT2:
    I won't count the drill press, vice, c-clamps, dremel, files, pliers, and other bits and bobs. I also have all the end mills, reamers, bits, and misc stuff to headspace a virgin barrel.

mvee

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 13, 2007
    Crofton
    I have the ak builder flat bender. No press though. I also have headspace gauges and drill bits/ reamers.

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    no they don't. i've used it. it sucks. i'm still trying to get frozencesium to ditch the damn thing and do it right on his S12. he continues to refuse. i may have to play dirty and kidnap it....

Some duct tape might immobilize him long enough. It's only a matter of time until the stock Saiga transfer bar or cheap axis pin rivets fail. Then he'll want to move it forward where it belongs!

Seagrave1963

Still learnin'
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 6, 2011
    Eastern Shore
    I'd love to be a part of a build party but I have nothing to offer - no knowledge, very few tools and no experience on firearms building. A complete noob :o

Nov 13, 2011
    Bethesda, MD
    gonna put one together once i'm back stateside. have a couple road trips to make shortly after i get home, plus the wife's graduation party to work around, but we should be able to make it happen. frozencesium and i have a bunch of tooling at my place.

i'll put up a thread as we get closer and i've got more solid dates for possibles.

I also have a bunch of tooling and knowledge that I can share.

One of the romanian children is going to get rebuilt in a few months, because I'm not a fan of the tapco flat it was built on, and it was the first one, so it's got some issues.

Count me in regardless if where in Maryland (I'm in Bethesda). I have an ak-builder bending die I recently acquired; before I remembered I have no tools or space to make use of it!

-Z/28-

I wanna go fast
    Dec 6, 2011
    Harford Co
    I'm definitely down for this party whenever it occurs. I finally got to unpacking my Polish underfolder kit today. Can't wait to get it together and shooting.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    J_Gunslinger

Latest threads

Top Bottom