• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    I've found some shotgun ammo I'd like to buy in Arizona. What's the applicable MD law about importing the stuff to MD?

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    I've found some shotgun ammo I'd like to buy in Arizona. What's the applicable MD law about importing the stuff to MD?
    Nothing to worry about. Order away.
    The only restrictions I can think of off hand are if you are under 18 (for long gun ammo), are if you were a "prohibitted person" (e.g. felon, mental defective, etc.), or maybe live within Annapolis city limits due to their registering of ammunition sellers and such law (which may not be a legal law due to state preemption).

If you live anywhere besides in Annapolis, then you can definitely purchase, order and recieve shotgun ammo interstate. I am not a lawyer, but I am so sure I order shotgun, pistol and rifle ammo interstate myself.

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    Under 18? Nope.
    Prohibited person? Nope.
    In Annapolis? Nope.

Hooray!

Nothing to worry about. Order away.
    The only restrictions I can think of off hand are if you are under 18 (for long gun ammo), are if you were a "prohibitted person" (e.g. felon, mental defective, etc.), or maybe live within Annapolis city limits due to their registering of ammunition sellers and such law (which may not be a legal law due to state preemption).

If you live anywhere besides in Annapolis, then you can definitely purchase, order and recieve shotgun ammo interstate. I am not a lawyer, but I am so sure I order shotgun, pistol and rifle ammo interstate myself.

SigMatt

Ultimate Member
    Mar 17, 2007
    Shores of the Bay, MD
    Lots of dealers won't ship ammo to Montgomery County. That includes AIM Surplus, Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide. It is frustrating as hell which I wait for the gun shows.

Matt

MrWhiteRabbit

Firefighter Gone Awry
    Sep 23, 2007
    No worries. I'm near Catonsville, so as long as they don't restrict shipments to Baltimore County, I'm good.

novus collectus

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    May 1, 2005
    Bowie
    Lots of dealers won't ship ammo to Montgomery County. That includes AIM Surplus, Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide. It is frustrating as hell which I wait for the gun shows.

Matt

And that is based on a law that was declared moot more than twenty years ago.
    I can't blame them for being cautious, but they are simply wrong nevertheless. Even the book the feds send them with thier FFL package states the law is no longer is in effect since the mid 1980s.

smores

Creepy-Ass Cracker
    Feb 27, 2007
    Falls Church

Matt

I wonder if J&G Sales will ship ammo to MoCo. 500 rounds of S&B 180 gr .40 S&W for $142. 1000 rounds of Wolf .223 55 or 62 gr FMJ for $210 (for my 5.56 NATO AK).

Hellphish

Aug 28, 2007
    Rockville

Matt

some say they wont ship bt its only to save face;)

tht reminds me, i need to start a stash of .40s&w

K-Romulus

Suburban Commando
    Mar 15, 2007
    NE MoCO
    Sportsman's guide has shipped me ammo in MoCO as recently as three weeks ago. Just order it and ignore the warning on the website and catalog. This would be the third shipment this year. The canceled my order two years back over this, but seem to be shipping again on the down-low.

mdsuave13

Zombie Survival Expert
    Nov 8, 2007
    ellicott city
    No worries. I'm near Catonsville, so as long as they don't restrict shipments to Baltimore County, I'm good.

hey mr white rabbit, i live in ellicott city, how often do you go to the ranges? i would like to go more often, but i never can find anyone to go with me!

if you would like to buddy up sometime to hit up the ranges, let me know.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom