• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    saw a few since opening day spooked one yesterday. passed on a small forker.hope to go out more this week. post pics if you got them!

llkoolkeg

Hairy Flaccid Member
    Ugh...I went out yesterday and after seeing(and being seen by) an 8-pointer the last time I was out, the same place yielded not a single animal. After 12 hours of getting rained on from a drizzle to a downpour, I had to call it a day. As luck would have it, I saw two large does in a different field once I was in the car and driving away. I HATE all this damned rain we've been suffering through for the last month. This monsoon/rainy season BS has to end soon before the whole bow season is completely washed away.

Nothinghead

Jun 29, 2011
    Severna Park
    I was out this Morning. Heard a few before sunup, but saw nothing. I need to get out after work during the week some. Getting out at 5 sucks.

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    shot a small 8 point on saturday didnt see much moving till the afternoon. there might have been more but I cant see to well because of the leaves on the trees...

Attachments

• small 8 point.jpg
      small 8 point.jpg
      81.4 KB · Views: 541

CrabbyMcNab

Ultimate Member
    Feb 1, 2009
    shot a small 8 point on saturday didnt see much moving till the afternoon. there might have been more but I cant see to well because of the leaves on the trees...

Nice, I see they are starting to fill out for the fall.

Joseph

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 13, 2009
    Clinton MD
    Very nice Wilcam!

I have yet to start hunting. I just put up my tree stand last Saturday and still need to practice some more from up there now. I am also in need of a freezer which I hope to get within the next week or so. Hopefully by the time I have all my ducks in a row, a couple of weeks from now, the temperature will be cooler too.
    Here is a photo of the stand I got. 99$ from Cabellas.
    My dog is making sure no deer climb up there :)

IMG-20110924-00116.jpg

I set my 3d deer target at 20 yards for starters.

IMG-20110925-00121.jpg

MikeTF

Ultimate Member
    I went out Monday. 80 degrees and despite taking things slow, I sweated like a pig in a sauna. The only thing I saw was a lot of blood thirsty mosquitoes which I tried to swat away and ended up knocking my glasses off my face as I was nearly all the way up the tree. I had to climb back down and retrieve them. The thermocell finally chased the mosquitoes away once I got settled in the stand. After about 3 hours of sitting, I didn't see or hear anything. I'm very much looking forward to cooler weather. I'm now 0 for 2 days of effort.

Indiana Jones

Wolverine
    Mar 18, 2011
    CCN
    Ugh...I went out yesterday and after seeing(and being seen by) an 8-pointer the last time I was out, the same place yielded not a single animal. After 12 hours of getting rained on from a drizzle to a downpour, I had to call it a day. As luck would have it, I saw two large does in a different field once I was in the car and driving away. I HATE all this damned rain we've been suffering through for the last month. This monsoon/rainy season BS has to end soon before the whole bow season is completely washed away.

Think this rain is bad? My grandfather had some stories from peleliu...count your blessings nobody was hunting YOU

wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    I went out Monday. 80 degrees and despite taking things slow, I sweated like a pig in a sauna. The only thing I saw was a lot of blood thirsty mosquitoes which I tried to swat away and ended up knocking my glasses off my face as I was nearly all the way up the tree. I had to climb back down and retrieve them. The thermocell finally chased the mosquitoes away once I got settled in the stand. After about 3 hours of sitting, I didn't see or hear anything. I'm very much looking forward to cooler weather. I'm now 0 for 2 days of effort.

well if i got something every time i went out it wouldnt be a challenge. plenty of season left:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom