• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jimbob2.0

Ultimate Member
    Feb 20, 2008
    Never underestimate your enemy.

I can envision it now. The ***** DBAG in SC reloaded 5 times. Well lets put a cog in that locks the mag down and requires and allen wrench to reload after the first mag. Slow em down.

Never underestimate a liberal's obsurd thinking

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable
    My prediction is that SC changes their law concerning carry in churches without prior consent.

You got to want to protect yourself. Looking at the list of victims, they just dont seem to be the kind that would have carried in church.

I just realized. One of the victims is my nieces track coach.

janklow

Feb 6, 2013
    Supposedly, Fox 45 ran a piece on extending MD law nationwide tonight; I missed it - did anyone catch it? What was the rationale?
    Democrats have been pushing the HQL concept as a nationwide thing, but that predates this recent event

Bob A

όυ φροντισ
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Nov 11, 2009
    I think the tide of awareness has turned the corner. People who formerly shunned gun ownership are stepping up, finally realising that they are at least partially responsible for their own protection, and they see the government as trying to take away their option.

Don't forget, we're in Maryland. Battered Gun Owner Syndrome is endemic here. The movement outside the cadre of Nanny States has been overwhelmingly in favor of 2A rights.

I can't believe I have tides turning corners. I apologise; it's late.

clarksvegas

Jul 8, 2011
    Escaped to TX
    Some newer articles are looking more at his association with white supremacy. The pic of him in the woods has two particular flags on the jacket. One is the old South African flag (apartheid era) and the other is the Rhodesian (now Zimbabwe) flags. Some groups are trying to avoid being remotely associated with him.

If the terrorist or white supremacist angles gets more air time, it takes away from blaming guns. So far I've only Pierce Morgan beat the anti gun drum.

https://gma.yahoo.com/charleston-sh...-shooting-224335660--abc-news-topstories.html

https://www.yahoo.com/health/charleston-church-shooting-why-are-young-men-more-121863878622.html

Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Good discussion.

I agree with many of you and most of these comments.

Nationally we are winning. By 'we' I mean the majority of citizens of this country regardless of origin or affiliation. And by 'winning' I mean increasing numbers of people are realizing the right of self defense is universal, and it is a civil right which at its core is fundamentally about Liberty. Each of us have the right to protect ourselves and families, just as much as any celebrity, politician, or billionaire. The vast majority of laws in America have been changing in this positive direction.

- Many people think there is an epidemic of mass shootings because of the media exploitation and sensationalism of these tragic events. The truth is that mass shootings and violent crime in general has been on a downward trend for many years.

- states that have passed laws that allow law-abiding citizens greater Liberty to carry have enjoyed an accelerated reduction in crime. Read the book by John Lott "More guns, less crime".

- imagine: it's 4 o'clock in the morning, some crackhead kicks down your door and intends to hurt you or your family; do you have a protective mindset, the ability and training to defend life?

- imagine: you are in church and some nut-job starts methodical shooting people, one after another. People are literally running for their lives and dying in front of you. Would you rather have a law prohibiting you from carrying a gun for self defense, or have a gun and the training to use it effectively to save lives?

This is not a political debate. Politicians are using this issue as a political instrument.

I don't care what you look like or where you are from. You are either one of the vast majority of 'good guys' or 1 in a million criminal/crazies that intend to do harm. I know I'm safer around several responsibly armed citizens than in an environment where we are all forced to be unarmed victims.

daNattyFatty

Ultimate Member
    Aug 27, 2009
    Bel Air, MD
    Supposedly, Fox 45 ran a piece on extending MD law nationwide tonight; I missed it - did anyone catch it? What was the rationale?

The rationale?

Cute puppies and fluffy bunnies. We must save them all.

relation to pending restrictions hopefully somebody weights in

Democrats have been pushing the HQL concept as a nationwide thing, but that predates this recent event

I think they were probably talking about Van Hollen's proposed steaming turd.

http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=176349

Alea Jacta Est

Extinguished member
    MDS Supporter
    The gun...any gun...is merely a more efficient system for killing than say a knife or a rock or a sharp stick.

The gun killed no one. It's an object. It doesn't decide. It doesn't hate. It doesn't distinguish color or age or paper targets from vibrant flesh.

The homicidal maniac killed those people. He killed them brutally and unnecessarily. He might have chosen any of a number of methods to kill them. He elected to use a gun.

We have moral rules in the Ten Commandments. We have legal rules in our laws. Those rules are pretty clear. You cannot and should not kill anyone unless they're trying to kill you or you're at war.

Those rules are inconsistently applied and inconsistently enforced. IMO, many of he folks who kill other people...especially more than one person and in an environment like a school or church...are indeed socially, morally and psychologically unfit to be allowed in everyday society. We suck at identifying those folks. We suck worse at competently dealing with those folks.

Until and unless we consistently enforce the rules/laws we have AND until/unless we improve our ability and willingness to aggressively and proactively deal with mental illness, we are destined to endure liberals and nitwits assaulting an inanimate object as the reason for these atrocities. They want to focus on what scares them and what they think they can control without and real thought/consideration as to what is the real cause of the effect they don't like.

Machine guns killed lots of folks when they were first introduced in warfare. So too did rifled barrels. Those are two good examples of increasing the efficiency of the tool(s) used to kill. (There are countless others like the bow or cavalry or aircraft...) Their relevance was systematically reduced by in depth understanding of how and why they worked so well to take lives. Sure, we still employ both as weapons of war. What's different is that strategies and related tactics have substantially blunted their initial dramatic impact.

Instead of jumping on guns or even magazines, why not examine in depth and fully understand the true causes of mass killings. Newtown, Columbine, the Aurora theater, VATech, Giffords rally in AZ, this AME church in SC, etc. all enjoy some commonalities...the victims were absolutely not expecting murder or mayhem...they were vulnerable and unable to reasonably protect themselves or each other...the murderer(s) picked their venue for just these reasons....the murderers themselves were "mad" as in crazy and "mad" as in angry and or insanely confused.

I offer for your consideration that the perpetrators of these vicious and cold blooded acts wanted to attract attention to themselves. I further suggest they lost or never had a moral compass. They did not have any respect for or fear of laws, the legal system or the potential outcomes. They took lives because they could. They took lives because they wanted to make some statement.

These folks could have used any tool. Think for a minute if they weren't so lazy and stupid and crazy...maybe they use another much more lethal tool...

The guns are not the problem. These folks have no hope. They don't trust other people or the system. They are making a statement. The gun could be a garden hoe or a camping hatchet...

Find the root cause(s)... Understand them. Develop a strategy and tactics that involve PREVENTION AND RESPONSE. Apply those solutions consistently. For heaven's sake, don't blame the tool. The tool didn't do it.

good guy 176

R.I.P.
    Dec 9, 2009
    Laurel, MD
    There will never be a solution for these mass killings. As long as the medical gods forbid the outing of the mentally ill, the killings will continue. We haven't heard much yet about the mental capacity of this latest turd, but rest assured the signs were there and they were simply overlooked once again.

And, Caucasian America is unhappy with the dumbing down of society, the crime, the killings in all our cities, the unemployment, the lowering of standards across the board, the THE The....

Lew--Ranger63

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    The Dems know guns are a losing issue for them. On the Legislative side they have to burn a lot of political capitol to even try - even in a state like MD.

Even here in MD, gun sales went up after the Baltimore riots. And FG Riot part Duex should be coming within the next 12 months. People do not trust the govt for protection.

On the Judicial side, we win every time we go to court. The organized Antis are concerned that they are just a few court cases away from "Keep and Bear" being ruled by the SCOTUS to actually mean "Own and Carry", and "Shall not be Infringed" to mean "No further paperwork needed". When the 2nd Amendment is argued as a Constitutional Civil Right, we win. The 2A seems to be the only Right in the Constitution with paperwork attached to it's free exercise thereof. I think the Antis are learning a hard lesson - keep 2A cases out of the court. New laws only invite new challenges in court.

Now, if the NRA could just stop being a vote machine for Gops for about five minutes we might be able to win this thing. You will notice the NRA has been particularly silent on this. They need to do a full court press on the mental health issue and on the FACT that every one of these mass shooting involved a guy who was prescribed some powerful meds. These psychotropic drugs have "homicidal/suicidal ideation" as know, listed side effect. Given that about 1/3 of the country is on these drugs it is only a matter of time before someone has a bad reaction. Of course, the Gops are in bed with Big Pharma and NRA is in bed with the Gops. Remember, at the end of the day your rights are only a sideshow and a big payday is the main event! If you see a politician who claims to be on our side but does not bring up the Pharmaceutical issue than he is not really on our side. Make a note. This will be a big tell for 15-20 Gop candidates running for POTUS in 2016.

Come on NRA, take a stand for the 2nd! You can do it little buddy!

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    My prediction is nothing happens. A few folks talk and in a couple of weeks we will be on to the next crisis du jour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed.

However, if anything does come down, it'll be from the POTUS in some form.

BeoBill

Crank in the Third Row
    MDS Supporter
    Oct 3, 2013
    南馬里蘭州鮑伊
    The Dems know guns are a losing issue for them. On the Legislative side they have to burn a lot of political capitol to even try - even in a state like MD....
    ========== 8<------------
    You will notice the NRA has been particularly silent on this. They need to do a full court press on the mental health issue and on the FACT that every one of these mass shooting involved a guy who was prescribed some powerful meds. These psychotropic drugs have "homicidal/suicidal ideation" as know, listed side effect. Given that about 1/3 of the country is on these drugs it is only a matter of time before someone has a bad reaction. Of course, the Gops are in bed with Big Pharma and NRA is in bed with the Gops. Remember, at the end of the day your rights are only a sideshow and a big payday is the main event! If you see a politician who claims to be on our side but does not bring up the Pharmaceutical issue than he is not really on our side. Make a note. This will be a big tell for 15-20 Gop candidates running for POTUS in 2016.

You hit the nail on the head, IMO. I think the NRA is doing what they do best on the issue of mental health - being quiet. Don't forget that fundamentally they are a gun rights organization, not a mental health advocacy organization like NAMI. If I ran the NRA, I'd be contacting them to issue a joint statement to address the underlying cause instead of blundering along alone as they have done in the past.

And forget the APA - they're just a strong advocate of medication to control the diseases they invent, rather than curing them in a safe and effective manner. :mad54:

The Dems/Libs/Progs have been relatively quiet on the whole issue of mental illness treatment because they are deathly afraid that the electorate will remember that THEY were to ones that shifted from in-patient treatment to out-patient care. Care in this case means maintenance with drugs instead of treatment with the goal of cure. How many psych wards have they closed because they're "inhumane?" That is their Achilles Heel.

But never underestimate the effect of hyperventilation. On both sides of the issue.

Sorry for the rant, but mental health is a hot button for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom