• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Scarab

Apr 5, 2013
    Carroll County, MD
    How to apply for a Carry Permit in the State of Maryland:

Step 1 - Find your nearest toilet.
    Step 2 - Place $100 in crisp bills into the toilet.
    Step 3 - Pull the toilet handle.
    Step 4 - Move to PA where you can have a carry permit in 15 minutes.

The End. Sorry, sad but true.

Scarab :D

press1280

Ultimate Member
    Jun 11, 2010
    WV
    So I was kind of tossing around the idea of applying. Here's what I have:

Wife is an "Independent Beauty Consultant", sells cosmetics at parties,exc. She doesn't have a business license (technically don't need one yet since gross receipts are under 4k).
    Could I apply as an employee (or maybe get "affiliated" with her business)? I do have deposit records going back a year for products purchased, most are checks but some cash. I would essentially be security for any events she had in MD, as well as occasional purchases of supplies in MD.
    Is this a plausible angle?

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    This is all so friggin ridiculous at this point.

Day one? Or, has absolutely NOTHING changed? And, don't give me the review board change ********. The change needs to occur with the first part of the process, not the absolute last.

engine42410

Sep 9, 2013
    Baltimore County
    The state of Maryland does not care about the law abiding citizens or the second amendment at all. They only care about the criminals, arresting them and letting them back out on the streets to hurt someone else.

basscat

Ultimate Member
    Jul 23, 2012
    Hey everyone, so my step-father bought me a ar-15, specifically a Smith and Wesson M&P 15 Sport. I have already had it shipped to a gun store, The Armory in Annapolis, through a FFL dealer in WV. I have already picked up the firearm and paid the transfer fee, and filled out background paperwork. My question is do I have to register it in MD, or did the gun store do that when I did paperwork and paid the transfer fee? Please let me know if any of you have knowledge on this. Thanks

Did you read the title of this thread?

River Hill

Dec 15, 2012
    Maryland
    I currently have my HQL and plan to apply for carry permit after I complete 16 hour class. Do I need to get fingerprinted again or will the HQL prints work?

Also any suggestions on a decent bank to open an account with in Carroll County? Need to setup a new business account.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    I currently have my HQL and plan to apply for carry permit after I complete 16 hour class. Do I need to get fingerprinted again or will the HQL prints work?

Also any suggestions on a decent bank to open an account with in Carroll County? Need to setup a new business account.
    New prints, but if you had the permit first you could skip prints for the HQL.

I use Capital One, not sure how many branches they have in Carroll County.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013

Do this first.

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Fingerprints

The application has a Livescan Receipt # in the upper right hand corner. If you get your prints done, for sake of argument 7/22/15 , then have the number to record on application, is their a time limit on how fast you get the application mailed?

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    The application has a Livescan Receipt # in the upper right hand corner. If you get your prints done, for sake of argument 7/22/15 , then have the number to record on application, is their a time limit on how fast you get the application mailed?
    MSP has told people 72 hours. As we know they make up their own rules. I overnighted mine just in case.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    Yep 72 hours.

Attachments

• prints.JPG
      prints.JPG
      129.7 KB · Views: 320

Schipperke

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 19, 2013
    Thanks. I can mail it the day I get prints, so there will be a postmark. Do the prints you have done actually become unavailable to them after a set time?

oh.. extended periods. that is specific :D

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    My understanding is CJIS sends them an email with the link to the prints or something like that. MSP says they don't keep the emails for more than a few days due to the volume. That's how it was explained to me. The prints may be available for longer than that but MSP says they can't see them after 72 hours. who knows.

magnetic1

Jun 21, 2013
    Montgomery County
    My understanding is CJIS sends them an email with the link to the prints or something like that. MSP says they don't keep the emails for more than a few days due to the volume. That's how it was explained to me. The prints may be available for longer than that but MSP says they can't see them after 72 hours. who knows.

MSP got my renewal 6/26 and didnt cash my check until 7/1, so unless they dont count weekends or did the work before cashing the check, they had my app for more than 72 hours.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I am only telling you what the web site says. Feel free to wait as long as you like. They could have looked at your prints and sent the check to the accounting Dept. I don't know. Only reporting what they say on the web site.

redeemed.man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 29, 2013
    HoCo
    Has anyone applied for renewal way before the 90 day mark? Like 4-6 months in advance? If so what happened?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom