• Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cyndi59

My GSR is Gansler,stop wasting our tax money and take a few minutes to read the U.S, Constitution which should trump the Maryland Charter.Trying to figure out what others might think..though each state has a charter and why would the charter over ride the Constitution that was to insure basic freedoms.

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    I saw this on here somewhere but I can't find it. Does the Livescan place do the prints photos and notary ? Also are there other places closer to Harford County then Glen Burine livescan ? So if I read it correctly, $75 goes to MSP and I think it's $38 for the livescan ?

Mr H

Banana'd
    I saw this on here somewhere but I can't find it. Does the Livescan place do the prints photos and notary ? Also are there other places closer to Harford County then Glen Burine livescan ? So if I read it correctly, $75 goes to MSP and I think it's $38 for the livescan ?

MD is $75... That's its own beast.

Livescan (at least the GB location) does photos, prints, notary... but I forget the price at the moment (50-something??)

So, with Priority Mail, I was in for almost $150 total.

As for "closer to Harford", I can't answer that... but the Towson area might actually be good for something other than keeping Baltimore from slamming into PA (for a change)??

JDH

Apr 30, 2005
    Harford County
    fingerprints

Do the fingerprints have a expiration date ? I mailed my app on Friday USPS w/ priorty mail . I got a reply stating it was attemped to be delivered but no response. I guess they will get it on monday ?

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    Is Maryland now giving out CCWs under the old standards limited to business owners who carry cash or can any non felon over age 21 get permit to carry ?
    This is my basic question.

cowboy321

Apr 21, 2009
    G & S= Good and substantial reason for permit

To include

Large cash business bank deposits
    Documented threats against you
    Dr. carrying meds or prescription pads

If none of the above hold your application until he 4 CA rules and we see where this is going.

Otherwise you are throwing your money away.

I believe you are correct. Does anyone disagree with this assessment?

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    I just left blank the block for a “good and substantial reason.” I had my interview last Friday and I believe it went well. The subject of a reason never came up. He was more interested in the fact that I was a Hunter Safety instructor. At the end he indicated the paperwork would be going forward with his approval. He thought it would be approved within a month. We shall see.

I believe with the court defeats for the state, we are now in the middle of a transition from May Issue to Shall Issue. At least I hope so.

CAS_Shooter

Jan 24, 2012
    At the end he indicated the paperwork would be going forward with his approval. He thought it would be approved within a month.

Can you elaborate on what he meant by "approved" within a month? Was he suggesting that without a G&S you would still be seeing permit approval before the stay is decided?

Clem

Mar 19, 2007
    Southern MD
    Can you elaborate on what he meant by "approved" within a month? Was he suggesting that without a G&S you would still be seeing permit approval before the stay is decided?

That is the way I interpreted what he said. I could be wrong, though. What I interpreted from what I heard was that the permit should be approved and issued by about early Sept. But as I said, I could be wrong. It could stilll be disapproved by the upper authority. We shall see.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    I would think he could approve it at his level (as it sounds like most of us have been), but when it gets moved off his desk it will probably sit in a pile with the rest of us. Would love to hear something different though.

Last edited:

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    ^^^^
    This seems to be what "approved" means. IMO it just means he won't send in a recommendation not disapproving you. (In MSP speak.)

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    ^^^^
    This seems to be what "approved" means. IMO it just means he won't send in a recommendation not disapproving you. (In MSP speak.)

And when it come to these investigations I guess that all we can hope for as well as it may carry weight. After all if you did not meet G&S the trooper can send his report forward with ,"Minimum G&S not meet, Not recommended for approval".

So if they tell you (assuming they are telling the applicant the truth) they are sending any give application forward for approval, is a great sign because it is the investigation that uncovers if G&S is met or not, not the final approving LEO. If G&S is not met they will not (or should not) tell you they are sending your app forward for approval.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    We really don't know who decides the G & S. It may not be the investigating trooper. I think the word "approve" just might be he doesn't find anything that would disqualify you.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    We really don't know who decides the G & S. It may not be the investigating trooper. I think the word "approve" just might be he doesn't find anything that would disqualify you.

Unless you know something the rest of us don't

But if we think about it, and as it stands now you must have G&S. If we clearly don't have G&S, wouldn't it make sense it would be the investigator pointing that out to whomever in their report that sums up the investigation. Anything less would require whomever they hand it off to continue with the investigation because it's not complete.

Like you said, we don't know for sure, but it makes good sense to me that the main investigating trooper investigates everything to including all claims of
    having G&S. Then they just report their findings.

I could be wrong but that's just what I think.

airborneRN

Jul 26, 2012
    Has anyone applied and got approved with G & S of "self-defense and all lawful purposes" (the example used in the MSI Application Guide PDF)?

teratos

My hair is amazing
    MDS Supporter
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 22, 2009
    Bel Air
    Has anyone applied and got approved with G & S of "self-defense and all lawful purposes" (the example used in the MSI Application Guide PDF)?
    "Self defense and all lawful purposes" isn't G&S as defined by current MD law. To my knowledge, nobody has been approved for an unrestricted permit based on self-defense.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011

Nope. And, furthermore, myself and (at least a few) others have provided bank statements showing large cash deposits and withdraws. During my FTF interview, the trooper leafed through the pages, never asked, never even brought up that I included it in my application package.

Short explaination (in my opinion) is that unless you are a business owner that HAS to carry cash, they pretty much ignore you.

I'm thinking pushing the envelope might be an interesting experience for one of us. If we all do wait, and are rubber stamped NO when the appeal goes badly, where will we be then? At it's core, there are now somewhere between 365 and 1500 people who would/should win cases against the MSP, based on the original Legg decision.

No?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom