ONLINE SURVEY - let's get some accurate numbers on application submissions!

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    My failing was just explained to me. I didnt read the entire Order which went on to STAY ECF #53.

Thanks to both of you for the clarification.

Merlin

Ultimate Member
    Dec 31, 2009
    Carroll County, Maryland
    For anyone that may be interested, I was told by an instructor that the Law Offices of Walter S. Booth - Attorney at Law was very cutting edge with gun laws and offered a service with getting your ccw.

http://www.walterbooth.net/12.html

I personally do not know anything about his services prices or what he can do. I'm just passing the info along. But I bet if any of us hired him the way that our app's read would look much different and may get a higher level of respect when going across any troopers desk.

If nothing else I bet it would cut the negative comments that seem to be coming from some of the troopers during the interviews. As well as the trooper may be a little more careful when filling out their report on any of us knowing you have an attorney in the mix and the fact that they may have to back up anything they may say in their report.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    I heard any applications received before Aug. 7 will be processed under current rules? Does anyone know if it is true?

this is a quote
    - MSP will accept non-G&S permits today. HOWEVER, if you apply in the next 13 days, you are taking some chance that you will lose your money if the 4th Circuit issues a stay. MSP is not going to hold or send back checks this time. That was a one-time deal. They are going to cash every single check the day it shows up. If you send a check today and the 4th issues a stay next week, your check is gone and your permit is denied. MSP/MSI advice is, "wait unless you don't mind losing the money."

from this thead
    http://www.mdshooters.com/showthread.php?t=87576

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    yup very bad luck. this is the reason why most people were waiting till the 8th to send it in. If you do get a denial letter hang onto it. When you apply again you will have to put down that you were denied before. explain about the case and attach the denied letter.

Maybe by luck you will have missed something and they will return it to be completed.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    yup very bad luck. this is the reason why most people were waiting till the 8th to send it in. If you do get a denial letter hang onto it. When you apply again you will have to put down that you were denied before. explain about the case and attach the denied letter.

where did you see this? Livescan prints are only good for 72 hours after taking them by MSP's own policy.

dlmcbm

Ultimate Member
    Mar 5, 2011
    Sabillasville, Md.
    where did you see this? Livescan prints are only good for 72 hours after taking them by MSP's own policy.

I was stating that if he does get denied vs just getting the app back he will have to state why he was denied when he applies again. nothing to do with prints. he will have to have them done again.

6pack

MSI BOD Member
    Apr 2, 2012
    Eldersburg, MD
    Thanks for the information, brother. I will make sure I hold onto the paperwork. *sigh* One day... one day...

Let us know if/when you get denied. I'd like to know if they actually do deny the permits coming in now without G&S. Bad timing, but thanks for the sacrifice to let us know if they will deny you. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom