• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wilcam47

Ultimate Member
    Apr 4, 2008
    Changed zip code
    the pistols are really junky looking to me...sure they are small and can conceal nicely but picking one up they dont offer much in lines of quality..

Applehd

Throbbing Member
    MDS Supporter
    Apr 26, 2012
    No...

It's actually a good rifle despite the bias against it by some because of the polymer parts and utilitarian construction.

My Sub2000 is a tack driver... no matter who picks it up...:thumbsup:

... and could possibly be carried concealed...:innocent0

rob-cubed

In need of moderation
    Sep 24, 2009
    Holding the line in Baltimore
    I would rather have an AR than a Kel-Tec but I own both. The SU-16C is still in my safe.

It feels like a toy gun but it's light as hell and pretty accurate. Also folds up much smaller than an AR. To date I haven't had a single issue with it.

BossmanPJ

Ultimate Member
    Feb 22, 2013
    Cecil County
    I would rather have an AR than a Kel-Tec but I own both. The SU-16C is still in my safe.

It feels like a toy gun but it's light as hell and pretty accurate. Also folds up much smaller than an AR. To date I haven't had a single issue with it.

They also make perfect truck guns. Mine fits into a small duffel bag and nobody would be the wiser.

xdmdude

Oct 1, 2011
    Check out the nutnfancy review on YouTube. He loves it. I've handled it at a gun shop before. They are pretty sweet if you aren't getting an ar-15, but still not known for being extremely reliable.

protegeV

Ready to go
    Apr 3, 2011
    TX
    I played with an su16c at the range. The bipod forend was a little hokey, but the folding stock wasn't too bad and it ran great overall.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    A PLR-16 SBR / SU-16D9 has always been a bucket list gun for me... pretty much the lightest 5.56x45 rifle out there.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    A PLR-16 SBR / SU-16D9 has always been a bucket list gun for me... pretty much the lightest 5.56x45 rifle out there.

The SU-16C is a very light and easy rifle to carry. The stock will fold/unfold without removing the 30 round bananaclipthingy and it fires WITH the stock folded as well.
    DSC07101.JPG

SU-16c-bipod.jpg

I actually bought one many years ago and Like the platform.

Troublesbrewin

Handgunner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 17, 2013
    Ellicott City
    The Sub2k I was handling the other day felt like the trigger was kind of gritty, I'm sure after running a few hundred rounds it will get better but I had to get an AR-15 9MM first.
    Anyone have insight to the wear in period of the Kel-Tec trigger?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom