• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Checking into motel in Hancock and ran into a hunter who just rtn'd from hunting on private land. He said his son passed up a few does today. Replied that I don't believe does are legal in Zone 2, during this current firearms season.

Rechecked page 36-37 of the hunting guide and believe I am correct.

What say u?

Last edited:

kgain673

I'm sorry for the typos!!
    Dec 18, 2007
    Please kill all the deer in Hanover area, they are getting grinded' up every night on Rt 295 and Route 100.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Looks like you are right but, some of Md's regs conflict with each other depending on what you are looking at. Even Md DNR say the 'Book' isn't the law...

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Looks like you are right but, some of Md's regs conflict with each other depending on what you are looking at. Even Md DNR say the 'Book' isn't the law...

Also fired of a citizen question to DNR, assume they will reply sometime tomorrow. Will post their reply, when I come in for lunch.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Hello

Thank you for contacting the Maryland Department of Natural Resources "DNR".

In Region A, antlerless deer may be taken on DNR public lands on December 12th. Also, in Region A, antlerless deer may be taken on all other lands from December 11th through December 12th. Keep in mind that no more than two antlerless deer total can be taken in Region A per license year. Please visit the the Region A Antlerless White-Tailed Deer Seasons and Bag Limits on page 36 of the 2015-2016 Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping.

Sincerely,

Tracey Spencer
    Assistant to the Director,
    Wildlife and Heritage Service
    Office: 410.260.8564
    Fax: 410.260.8596

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM
    Subject: CUSTOMER_EMAIL
    To: customerservice.dnr@maryland.gov

Question on Antlerless white tails Region A Washington Zone 2. Page 36-37 firearm season Nov 28-Dec 12 Antlerless aren't legal to hunt. At least that is the way I read the regs.

Is that accurate?

Lou45

R.I.P.
    Jun 29, 2010
    Carroll County
    Hello

Thank you for contacting the Maryland Department of Natural Resources "DNR".

In Region A, antlerless deer may be taken on DNR public lands on December 12th. Also, in Region A, antlerless deer may be taken on all other lands from December 11th through December 12th. Keep in mind that no more than two antlerless deer total can be taken in Region A per license year. Please visit the the Region A Antlerless White-Tailed Deer Seasons and Bag Limits on page 36 of the 2015-2016 Maryland Guide to Hunting and Trapping.

Sincerely,

Tracey Spencer
    Assistant to the Director,
    Wildlife and Heritage Service
    Office: 410.260.8564
    Fax: 410.260.8596

---------- Forwarded message ----------
    Date: Sun, Nov 29, 2015 at 6:42 PM
    Subject: CUSTOMER_EMAIL
    To: customerservice.dnr@maryland.gov

Question on Antlerless white tails Region A Washington Zone 2. Page 36-37 firearm season Nov 28-Dec 12 Antlerless aren't legal to hunt. At least that is the way I read the regs.

Is that accurate?

According to the response of MDDNR, antlerless deer are legal to hunt on public DNR land 12/12/15 only in region A if one hasn't tagged two antlerless deer already this year in Region A. Anterless deer can also be hunted in region A on other lands on 12/11/15 and 12/12/15.

platoonDaddy

Ultimate Member
    Jun 30, 2011
    SouthOfBalto
    Yep Lou that is correct. Though I wounded a doe tonight! I hate friggin disc brakes!!

Leaving the woods and getting onto the hardball traveling around 30-40 she jumped out and the friggin breaks started to chatter when I slammed on them, of course striking the doe. I pulled off the road, grabbed my flashlight and a vehicle coming the other way hit another one! No idea on how many crossed, but there were many. Never located the one I struck, fortunately VERY little damage to my front end.

So in Region A Zone 2, I hit a doe.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom