• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jackpollard

Dec 26, 2013
    Outside Union Bridge, MD.
    Oct. 30 - Down to $274

I thought this was a pretty decent deal; 1000 .223 Wolf Gold 55gr, got decent reviews and I've used it before and had no misfeeds, no metal. Comes in a .50 cal ammo can. I put the details below, @ .30 per round and who knows what the heck is in store for us, Ebola and Brown, I figure to start the stock up before we can't buy. UPS shipping was only $13.

At http://www.the-armory.com/shopsite_sc/store/html/wolf-gold-223-ammo-ammo-can.html

"Wolf's "GOLD" line of 223 ammo uses a BRASS casing with a BOXER primer that is fully reloadable. The projectile is a copper jacketed lead core bullet and this ammo is 100% non-corrosive.
    | Wolf Gold 223 | 55gr FMJ | Velocity: 3250 FPS | Brass Case | Boxer Primed | 20 Rounds/Box | NO STEEL ANYWHERE | 1000 Rounds Packed in an Issued/Used US Ammo Can"

Last edited:

ken792

Ultimate Member
    Sep 2, 2011
    Fairfax, VA
    It's $304 without the can, and a little under $10 for shipping. For a few weeks, the shipping was only $6 and change, but it seems to have gone up to just under $10 a few days ago.

Armati

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Apr 6, 2013
    Baltimore
    That velocity figure is a bit suspect. As far as I know, the Wolf Gold .223 is loaded to .223 pressures - not 5.56.

aray

Ultimate Member
    Jun 6, 2010
    MD -> KY
    Grabbed some tonight at $274, plus shipping was $285. 28 cents a round for 223 is a great deal.

And the video from jackpollard was great too.

Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    PotomacRiver

Latest threads

Top Bottom