• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TonyB.

Ultimate Member
    Jul 27, 2012
    I've been meaning to apply for a couple of years and am finally getting around to doing so but have two quick questions that I haven't been able to find the answers to.

1.) I have two businesses. One is an auto repair garage and the other is a property management company. I am confident that I can obtain a permit under either of the two, but the question is can I use both on my application? I would hate to be restricted to using the permit for one or the other.

2.) Regarding bank account information, does MSP want to see a history for a defined amount of time to justify the permit? Reason I ask is that the property management company has only been operating for a few months. I can show records of payments, cash flow and deposits.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    1, You can ask for approval for both companies if
    2. you can provide documentation that both business develop enough cash and you can provide at least 6 deposit slips for each business IMHO

I know of at least one person that has a wear and carry that covers two businesses.

PJDiesel

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Dec 18, 2011
    My permit (restrictions) mention two separate businesses. I went to a lot of trouble to gather 15 months of cash transactions, turns out most guys are doing as mentioned above, simple bank letter, no specifics.

CypherPunk

Opinions Are My Own
    Apr 6, 2012
    I've submitted a bank letter stating, X maintains an account with a cash flow." I've also sent three months statements without a letter.

I've never once submitted or been asked for deposit receipts.

How do criminals know a high dollar deposit envelope, from a low dollar deposit envelope, from a bunch of endorsed checks in a deposit envelope?

I'm not surprised some trooper somewhere asked for deposit slips. It all comes down to whose desk the application lands on, who trained them, and whatever they feel like asking for.

I have the MSP Policies and procedures. Perhaps the former Commander can verify. There is no dollar requirement nor should there be.

You get the government you deserve.

woodstock

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Jun 28, 2009
    all i did was went down the list of what is required, as per what is required from the state police. submitted proof of my two business ventures under one LLC and had no problem.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    christian04

Latest threads

Top Bottom