• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jed195

Ultimate Member
    Oct 19, 2011
    MD.
    I'd be interested in handling one of the .45 models. Any IPs looking forward to having these in stock?

casualmadness

Man about town
    Jun 4, 2012
    VA
    I have a '94 IMI 9mm and love it. Massad Ayoob shot it a couple times. He commented on what a great feeling and shooting gun it is as well.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I cover the announcement on my blog. There's also a Jericho 941F review, which is basically the 9mm steel full-size without the rail:
    http://hebrewhammerblog.com/2014/12/07/the-jericho-941f/

The frame safety on the 941 isn't quite as good as a 1911 or BHP, but it's way better than a slide safety. Mine is an excellent, comfortable shooter.

Big question is, where does Magnum Research go from here?

cap6888

Ultimate Member
    Oct 2, 2011
    Howard County
    No decocker, just a safety, is that correct? From years of using the 92fs as a soldier and cop, it's one of those features that I have become so used to.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    No decocker on the frame safety model, correct. The Barak/Jericho-B improved on that by including a decocking button on the top of the slide... best of both worlds.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I actually like the slide mounted de-cocker/safety.

CameraZOOM-20140329161403650.jpg

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    now see...that's a sexy gun:thumbsup:

:bowdown:

I called IWI after I bought it to find out when it was made.
    Turns out, it was made in 1989. There was a guy selling a bunch of these original models (old police trade-ins apparently) on gunbroker for $300-$400 and I couldn't resist. 'Twas my last pre-SB281 purchase.

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    I have one of the original kits brought in in 1990 from IMI with the 41 ae caliber conversion kit. Beautifully made gun. Also have the semi compact from IWI and although the machining on it is great and it shoots just as well as any of my other nice pistols the bluing left a lot to be desired. It was very matte and barely breaks the surface. Put it in the case wrong and you might strip the bluing off.

SAM_0457.jpg

SAM_0463.jpg

SAM_0464.jpg

SAM_0465.jpg

SAM_0467.jpg

SAM_0468.jpg

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    No. Both boxes of ammo are still full. I am pretty tempted to pick up some of the 41ae ammo that IMI branded as samson, just to give it a go. Everything I have ever read on the subject puts it as the far superior round when compared to 40 or 10mm as far as pressure, sound levels, and ballistics. Sad to see that IMI just didn't have the money to throw into it when compared to smith and wesson.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    The rebated rim on .41AE was a little funky. I'm not surprised it didn't gain more popularity.

IMHO, the best deal on Gunbroker is still those Baraks for $350. AFAIK, zero of them were imported by MR in that format, and the frame safety on them looks a zillion times better than the Jericho's.

I wouldn't bother with the 941FLs right now, I think they're going to take a big price drop once IWI releases their Jerichos.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    That factory stuff you have goes like hell apparently.
    1215fps in the IMI loads!

navyis2

im a grown ass man
    Oct 10, 2013
    Lexington, KY
    The rebated rim on .41AE was a little funky. I'm not surprised it didn't gain more popularity.

IMHO, the best deal on Gunbroker is still those Baraks for $350. AFAIK, zero of them were imported by MR in that format, and the frame safety on them looks a zillion times better than the Jericho's.

I wouldn't bother with the 941FLs right now, I think they're going to take a big price drop once IWI releases their Jerichos.

I'm always surprised with all the modern handguns and pistol caliber carbines we don't see more rebated rims. Just like in the AR market everyone jumped on 300blk because of parts compatibility, a simple barrel and spring swap is all that is needed to make a 41ae PCC out of a 9mm, or 50ae out of a 44 magnum. There isn't a single pistol cartridge out there that has enough pressure to compromise the webbing so the rebated rim wouldn't have any negative effects.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom