• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Saw a deal online for a primary arms 3x magnifier thought why not. Its off as you can see... want to see if its an issue?

23129db4-b35f-455c-8204-6a217c50d038.jpg

hogarth

Ultimate Member
    Jun 13, 2009
    Looks like your Aimpoint is on an absolute co witness riser but the magnifier is at a lower 1/3 height. I would want to rectify that.

outrider58

Eats Bacon Raw
    MDS Supporter
    Jul 29, 2014
    Need more info. What's the sight picture look like. Definitely getting short changed in that respect, me thinks.

mayor_quimby

4+4= Jello
    Nov 19, 2008
    Looks like your Aimpoint is on an absolute co witness riser but the magnifier is at a lower 1/3 height. I would want to rectify that.

for whatever reason i guess i missed this : Primary Arms Flip To Side Magnifier Mount. Perfect for all medium lower 1/3 cowitness red dots. Puts center of magnifier 1.64-Inches above the top of mounting rail.

Need more info. What's the sight picture look like. Definitely getting short changed in that respect, me thinks.

I notice it a little

So basically I need this to be compatible correct? :

https://www.primaryarms.com/American_Defense_Magnifier_Swing_Off_Mount_p/ad-sm-02.htm

Pmbspyder

Platinum Member
    Apr 12, 2012
    Correct. Or you can get a lower 1/3 aimpoint mount from larue. I think it's cheaper than the AD magnifier mount you linked to.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV
    Since earlier problem has been solved, I have a question please:
    I have an Aimpoint PRO and the Primary Arms 3X Long Eye Relief Red Dot Magnifier Gen III.
    I believe I bought the Aim Pro without a mount and the PA Mag. as well - no mounts.
    For an AR15 rail mount, what would be the best mount combination for absolute witness and/or co-witness? I see that PA is having a sale on the American Defense AD-SM-01 Swing Away mount lower 1/3 and, also, on the AD-SM-02 Swing Away mount absolute CW. As extra info., I believe I have Magpul flipup sights (Gen. II?), if I want to use them.
    All help appreciated.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    If you have an Aimpoint PRO, I believe it can do 1/3 or absolute co-witness with the addition or removal of an included spacer. If you are running flip-up BUIS, I think absolute co-witness tends to be better.

OnTarget

Ultimate Member
    Mar 29, 2009
    WV

SoMD_Gen4

Apr 16, 2013
    SoMD
    Which FTS version of the PA mounts will work best with my EoTech XPS 2.0?

The Tall height one? (1.75" from rail)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    angel45z

Latest threads

Top Bottom