• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    This is from David Craig's Facefook page a few hours ago.

David Craig for Governor
    3 hrs •
    I support concealed carry. ‪#‎NRA‬ ‪#‎MDREPS‬

Straightshooter
    •David
    You need to be more vocal with this stance.
    Like • Reply • 2 • 2 hrs

o

David Craig for Governor
    Straightshooter, I'm very vocal about this. We have the right to bear arms and I am supporting conceal carry thru and thru. We will have stickers that say "I support conceal carry and the 2nd admendment"
    Like • 1 • 1 hr

o

Straightshooter Thanks David, I know where you and Jeannie stand, but I have had people say that they wanted you to come out and say you support concealed carry rather than the too often heard " I support the 2nd Amendment". I will be sharing this.

Mr H

Banana'd
    Great to see, SS...but...

We know he's for it. He and Jeannie know they're for it.

But it's pretty well established that the number of Marylanders who are truly interested in CC is (at least as of 2011-12, the last time I looked at anything resembling real numbers) abysmally small. At that point it was about .3% Yes. Three tenths of one percent.

Now, in the past 2+ years I suspect it has grown. Maybe substantially. But I dare say it's still WELL below 3%, and probably closer to 2.

It's important to some, yes... but for others, well...

I can see why they don't emphasize it.

Dec 31, 2012
    This is a surprise to who?

He didn't say he would change G&S using the power of the governor and instantly alter conceal carry in Maryland. Put that in writing if he wants the 'choir'.

6cylrider98

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 1, 2008
    Bmore Co
    I talked with him too about CC and a few other things. Seams like the real deal to me. Was easy guy to talk with, I didn't get the feeling he was bs'ing me.

shaddydan

ADHD chicken fighter
    Oct 22, 2010
    Hydes
    Unfortunately it doesn't matter since he has zero chance of ever being governor.

I met him the other night and he said the battle ground is Baltimore County. He referred to it as the "Ohio" of MD. If a republican has a chance, they have to carry Baltimore County. I'm going to dedicate a lot of my time to his campaign since I live in B.County.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Remember no one ever thought Ehrlich could get elected either. And he beat a Kennedy with boatloads of support and cash.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    Then tell him what you want. I asked him yesterday to be more vocal on the issue and his Facebook post today was a large "I support Concealed Carry" pic. This guy listens. Try that with Hogan and see what you get.
    u3yhe9u5.jpg

abean4187

Ultimate Member
    Apr 16, 2013
    Remember no one ever thought Ehrlich could get elected either. And he beat a Kennedy with boatloads of support and cash.

Ehrlich didn't win that election, it's more that Townsend lost it. I hate to break it to you, but Brown is no Townsend, he's not going to make the same mistakes and he is not going to lose.

Best spend your time and money on other candidates cause we aren't winning the governors race this year.

zoostation

, ,
    Jan 28, 2007
    Abingdon
    Ehrlich didn't win that election, it's more that Townsend lost it. I hate to break it to you, but Brown is no Townsend, he's not going to make the same mistakes and he is not going to lose.

Best spend your time and money on other candidates cause we aren't winning the governors race this year.

Well, as I recall Townsend was no pushover. She had a ton of money and the full backing of both the state and national dem machines behind her, and they wanted her to win badly, both to propel her career and also to avoid them the humiliation of an anointed Kennedy losing a small state race. I remember a campaign so flush with cash that they were riding around Baltimore City on election day and handing out $100 apiece to people just to get in the van and go vote. I also remember talking to Kendall Ehrlich during the campaign and embarrassing myself by letting a comment inadvertently slip out that in effect said no Republican could win the race. She told me to keep up hope and that they could do it, and they did.

While I'll agree the odds are against any Republican winning the Governor's race in this state, it is possible and it has happened. We're not going to get anywhere in this state if we give up before we try. The dems are not as politically invincible as they would have us all believe.

Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    After reading several of these defeatist posts, I've decided that there's no sense wasting my time going to vote this year or even supporting a candidate. I'll be staying home.

There's not a chance in Hell of me accepting such self defeating dribble. Either get behind somebody or get the hell out of the way.

Robert

Having Fun Yet?
    May 11, 2011
    AA County, MD
    Well, as I recall Townsend was no pushover. She had a ton of money and the full backing of both the state and national dem machines behind her, and they wanted her to win badly, both to propel her career and also to avoid them the humiliation of an anointed Kennedy losing a small state race. I remember a campaign so flush with cash that they were riding around Baltimore City on election day and handing out $100 apiece to people just to get in the van and go vote. I also remember talking to Kendall Ehrlich during the campaign and embarrassing myself by letting a comment inadvertently slip out that in effect said no Republican could win the race. She told me to keep up hope and that they could do it, and they did.

While I'll agree the odds are against any Republican winning the Governor's race in this state, it is possible and it has happened. We're not going to get anywhere in this state if we give up before we try. The dems are not as politically invincible as they would have us all believe.

:thumbsup:

So what that only ~3 (R) Governors have been elected in the last ~70 years, the fight is still real and still raging.

IMO, we have a better chance of making real change in MD via the booth, then by ANY OTHER means.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom