• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Straightshooter

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2010
    Baltimore County
    I and Mrs Straightshooter will be attending.

Email from Senator Joe Getty and Senatorial Candidate Chris Cavey

“What Do We Do Next?”

Del. Justin Ready and I hosted a booth at the Westminster Flower and Jazz Festival this past Saturday.

Many citizens stopped by to chat about state legislative issues and, in particular, the outcome of the 2013 General Assembly session that ended last month.

The most popular topic of discussion was SB 281 - Gov. Martin O’Malley’s gun control legislation. All of our constituents who inquired about this bill were gracious in their thanks to Del. Ready and me for our feisty opposition to SB 281.

The most frequently-asked question about SB 281 was: “What do we do next?”

During the legislative session, I worked closely with representatives of the statewide groups that opposed SB 281. Since the session has ended, all of us are in agreement that the best thing that anyone can do next is this: WE NEED TO WORK EVERY DAY FROM NOW UNTIL ELECTION DAY, NOVEMBER 4, 2014, TO SUPPORT AND ASSIST PRO-GUN CANDIDATES WHO RUN FOR THE MARYLAND GENERAL ASSEMBLY.
    I am taking this challenge seriously and have endorsed my friend, Chris Cavey, to run in the newly-configured District 42 in northern Baltimore County. Chris will be in a tough campaign to defeat Senator Jim Brochin who was a leading advocate for the gun ownership restrictions and voted for SB 281 so that it could come out of the Judicial Proceedings Committee and on the Senate floor vote.

Chris and I have joined together to form the “5/42 GOP Slate” and will hold our first fundraiser at the Arcadia Firemen’s Activities building on May 30. I have provided information on our event below - please join us and contribute to our slate for the upcoming campaign. I have also attached a pdf of our flyer that you can share with your friends who are dedicated to Second Amendment rights.

Best wishes, Joe

Attachments

• Second Amendment Rally on May 30.pdf
      1.6 MB · Views: 80

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads