• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I made the plunge and bought a Lanber 2097 Sporting Lux from CDNN. Should hopefully arrive in a week or so.

I know its not a high-end gun, but will hopefully be $700 well spent. I've only read great reviews on these guns!

Looks like my Benelli M2 will be getting a rest for a while if all goes as planned.

Goldslammer

MDS Supporter
    Nov 10, 2010
    Brooklyn Park
    Please give us a review after you shoot it.
    I'd love to get one, but haven't seen any in local stores, and I'd like to handle a gun before I drop $700-800 on it.

mancheechee

Daily Trigger
    Jul 22, 2010
    Frederick
    I had a lanber and enjoyed shooting it.
    Its tight and shoots well for the $500 i spent. Mine was the sporting model.
    I dont have it any longer.
    Good friend of mine wanted to pick up clay but didnt have the funds to buy one so we traded a recurve bow and gear for it. He got the good end of the deal, but he uses it more.

Last report from him before the weather got chilly, it was still going strong.

Also, I had a gunsmith/ffl check it out for me and clean the factory crud out before delivery and said he liked the build.

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    I'm planning on getting a couple of Trulock choke tubes for the gun. I plan to use it mostly for trap, skeet, and 5-stand. Maybe occasional dove hunt. I mostly shoot trap and 5-stand.

I have a Benelli M2 for most of my field work so no goose/ducks/turkey/etc.

Maybe a modified (top barrel) and an improved modified on the bottom barrel?

soco

May 21, 2012
    nice! have you ever handled other o/u's in that price range? Can you compare the weight/balance?

Feb 28, 2013
    Here's mine.

image_307240.jpg

And a review on 'em.:D

http://www.typicalshooter.com/review-franchi-diamond-over-and-under/

A "high end" gun is a very subjective term. What's important is that it fits you well.

Last edited:

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Nice Franchi!! I've seen great reviews on 'em.

I picked up my Lanber last week, but turns out I was sent a cosmetic seconds instead of the real deal I ordered. CDNN was great as usual with me. No questions or problems, offered me $50 refund and I keep the gun or they pay shipping both ways and have it sent to my FFL again.

I opted to have a new gun sent to me. I must say though, from my 5 min with the gun, I was floored with how great it looked! Very nice wood and finish overall. I'm very excited for my next one to come!

I can't tell you for sure why, but it reminded me of a Miroku I used to shoot. I've shot all price ranges of o/u guns from $15k custom guns to Silver Pigeons to Stoegers. This gun isn't quite a Pigeon but is certainly a huge upgrade from a Stoeger.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 28, 2013
    Thank you sir.:D

It's light and it fits well.

Unfortunately I have yet to try to shoot a round of skeet with it though. :o

tomandjerry00

Ultimate Member
    Apr 12, 2013
    Finally got the replacement shotgun and to the range this weekend. The engraving was far from perfect, but much better than on the last one. A few machining marks were also visible inside the receiver and other places one couldn't see without opening the gun. Overall though, the wood is beautiful and the gun appears to be of good quality outside of the aesthetics. Considerable step up from the Stoegers and what not I've shot.

We put around 150 rounds through it on the 5-stand field. Had the chance to move around a lot and try a lot of different shots with it. The other two guns in the line-up were my Bennelli M2 and SBE II. Overall, I shot considerably better with the Lanber! Well worth its $700 price tag. It fit me very well, pointed extremely easily and swung like nothing all day long. I will say though, she sure don't absorb recoil like my Benellis! Some black and blue on the shoulder after a day at the range.

Can't wait for dove season!

I'd recommend this gun to anyone looking for an "affordable" over-under, especially if you put practice over looks. She def don't look bad, but she doesn't compare to the Caesar Guerini that was next to her in the gun rack at the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    DominicM

Latest threads

Top Bottom