• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Minuteman

BANNED!!!
    Another 'less-lethal' alternative for those that don't have carry permits for real guns; or those that just want another option.

I didn't know salt powder could be so powerful, is it worse than pepper?

Link:
    http://www.gizmag.com/salt-handgun-non-lethal-defense/40104/?li_source=LI&li_medium=default-widget

151028104226-salt-package-780x439.jpg

CO2 shoots salt powder balls

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    Still a long shot(no pun intended) of getting actual funding. At the rate they are getting cash it will be years before it becomes availible.

RoadDawg

Nos nostraque Deo
    Dec 6, 2010
    Careful...

In some jurisdictions... It is still considered to be a firearm.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Careful... In some jurisdictions... It is still considered to be a firearm.

I know in Baltimore it's illegal to discharge a BB or Paintball gun on property not designated for the purpose (of which, there are none in city limits, if I've not mistaken).

What concerns me about the idea of using pepper balls is the effect they could have on the shooter INDOORS, where they'd most likely be used. Most bedrooms aren't very big... The irritant isn't going to be isolated to the target. Isn't it plausible that the shooter or could be effected by the powder as well?

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    Oh, and storing a gun WITH the co2 canister IN IT is usually a bad idea. Seals tend to leak, leaving you with no propellant.

I ruined a Daisy co2 BB pistol when I was a kid doing just that.

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    its just a tippman paintball marker that shoots pepper balls..... the only thing "salt" about it is the name.
    Which I could buy today. They even sell pepper balls on Amazon. I give these guys some credit for promoting the whole system, but it's no wonder they're having trouble raising the money.

Oh, and storing a gun WITH the co2 canister IN IT is usually a bad idea. Seals tend to leak, leaving you with no propellant.
    Funny that you bring this up... I saw the following in an online review:
    The standard 12 gram C02 cartridges, once loaded, will puncture when the trigger of the marker is pulled for the first time after the cartridge has been loaded. It’s important to note that this first pull of the trigger will not, however, fire a round. One pull will puncture the C02 and ready the marker to fire, and the second will shoot the first round.

Not exactly how I'd prefer my HD pistol to work, but then again, most people are gonna be hammering that trigger real fast anyways.

I could almost see one of these as a non-lethal raccoon-dissuading tool, but MoCo doesn't permit air gun discharges where I am.

DC-W

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    ️‍
    I suppose that does get around the storage issue -- unless someone thinks they're being smart by "charging" the gun first...

erwos

The Hebrew Hammer
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 25, 2009
    Rockville, MD
    I suppose that does get around the storage issue -- unless someone thinks they're being smart by "charging" the gun first...
    I'd mark it down as "training issue". Your first shot is gonna need to be a double tap, so to speak.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom