• Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Wombat Rancher

Aug 21, 2013
    I know the issues of buying an AR 15, what (if any) are the issues for buying an AR-10????? Either the whole thing or just a lower?
    Need a new project :rolleyes:

ThawMyTongue

Ultimate Member
    Sep 26, 2009
    Dublin, OH
    AR-10 is good to go as long as it passes the copycat test: less than 2 features (flash hider, folding stock, grenade launcher) and OAL >29".

What purpose do you have in mind for this firearm?

Harris

Jul 20, 2014
    Speaking of AR-10's is the MR762 cash and carry at this point and if yes what does cash and carry mean exactly.

Feb 28, 2013
    Speaking of AR-10's is the MR762 cash and carry at this point and if yes what does cash and carry mean exactly.

That means no ******** 7-day background check like for regulated.

Just fill out the 4473, they make a call to NICS, hand over some cash, and carry your gun out the door. :)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    No HQL for long-guns.

As long as you don't come back "delayed" on the NICS, you'll walk out same-day with a new boom-stick.

Feb 28, 2013
    Thank you for explaining, and I am assuming no HQL needed? Sorry new to this...

No need to be sorry. MD is a colossal pain in the ass, so ya came to the right place.:)

And ya won't find two more helpful folks than Bradmacc and I.:innocent0

MaraD

The Tall Girl
    Aug 15, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    AR-10's are not MIL-STD like the AR-15. Parts are not always interchangeable. I would recommend buying a complete AR-10 unless you want to do a lot of research to verify 100 part compatibility.

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    AR-10's are not MIL-STD like the AR-15. Parts are not always interchangeable. I would recommend buying a complete AR-10 unless you want to do a lot of research to verify 100 part compatibility.

They usually fall in two categories though. AR-10 and LR-308. One is the Armalite style and the other is the DPMS style. I have not even started on my LR-308 builds, but I am hoping that they aren't all that difficult.

rico903

Ultimate Member
    May 2, 2011
    If you buy an Armalite do your home work for mag compatibility. One model only takes expensive Armalite mags but they now make a model that takes Pmags. I bought a Windham and like it. Very light and compact, takes Pmags.

Harris

Jul 20, 2014
    Thank you, very helpful - happy to be part of the forum. Not to mention loving the Greek: Molon Lave, H TAN H EPI TAS

Rack&Roll

R.I.P
    Patriot Picket
    Jan 23, 2013
    Bunkerville, MD
    No need to be sorry. MD is a colossal pain in the ass, so ya came to the right place.:)

And ya won't find two more helpful folks than Bradmacc and I.:innocent0

Perfect! If you can wash my truck today then Bradmacc can vacumn the interior before the Kent Island Gun Show tomorrow and Sunday (hint hint)

BradMacc82

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    Aug 17, 2011
    Perfect! If you can wash my truck today then Bradmacc can vacumn the interior before the Kent Island Gun Show tomorrow and Sunday (hint hint)

I'll start mixing Sling Blade's carwash solution now then, it's paint thinner, brake fluid, and rocks. ;)

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    I'll start mixing Sling Blade's carwash solution now then, it's paint thinner, brake fluid, and rocks. ;)

That is what I love about this forum. People almost always willing to help others out. lol

Don't know if paint thinner will get the job done. Maybe something like muriatic acid will get that metallic shine back. Throw in some fine grit sand too. I hear that helps to get the metallic underneath the paint to really shine. Orbital sander, not buffer, will really have that thing SHINY.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Tactical Shepherd

Latest threads

Top Bottom