• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Evojoeix

Ultimate Member
    Jul 2, 2014
    Thank you. I was looking at some bulk ammo yesterday. Federal 556 green tips for a pretty good price from a friend, but I read they are steel core so I held off buying them

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Can't shoot it at indoor ranges like Freestate.

Walmart has the 7.62 x 51 on sale 9.99 for 20. I picked up 100rds today. Does anyone have experience with this. The price was just too good to pass up. 50 cpr for brass cased. I have not seen that for a long time.

I picked up a box of the stuff yesterday. Was not magnetic (not that it matters for where I shoot) and seems to be very decent for the price. I've paid more for .45acp :o

altima98

Apr 6, 2008
    Shot a box this past weekend, smelled like piss after every round, but it worked in my AR fine.

JKrew

Jul 2, 2008
    I've used the 7.62x51 and like it. I got a <1 inch group at 100 with my PTR91 using it. Now it is only $9.97 at Walmart so that is a great deal.

Feb 28, 2013
    Ah. Magnetic is no good for me. I do a lot of shooting at freestate and they run a magnet over the ammo

The price isn't bad at all. But as noted, it will attract a magnet, so it must be bi-metal.

There's no bullet weight on the box, so that I'm not real crazy about.

I haven't ran it through a rifle yet, but the 7.62 NATO I have. My M1A likes that just fine.:)

moojersey

Sic Semper Tyrannis
    Sep 7, 2013
    Cecil County
    I have shot the ZQ ammo, both 9mm and 5.56. Zero problems. I go for economy now though. I shoot the Tula steel in all calibers, still no problems.

135sohc

Ultimate Member
    Oct 27, 2013
    Ran a box of the .308/7.62 through my AR-10 this afternoon. Zero complaints here. Side by side with the PMC and PRVI-partisan the casings on the ZQI came out far less sooty/dirty and no funky after burn smell like PMC. My marksmanship is far from perfect (I rather sucks I admit) but I have no doubt on the claim of accuracy and that it is every bit as good as the big brands 'plinker ammo' at about half the cost.

sailskidrive

Legalize the Constitution
    Oct 16, 2011
    Route 27
    Can't shoot it at indoor ranges like Freestate.

Walmart has the 7.62 x 51 on sale 9.99 for 20. I picked up 100rds today. Does anyone have experience with this. The price was just too good to pass up. 50 cpr for brass cased. I have not seen that for a long time.

I've been shooting it in my SCAR17 and M1A with good results. I shot several 4-5" groups with it at 200 yards with a 6x scope, which I thought was decent.

The box states a 1 MOA guarantee...

I get a flyers with Tula 7.62x51 at a rate of about 1 in 7. Tula .223 is just plain crap... IMO

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom