• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Is America Prepare for another Large Scale Attack?

• YES, Homeland Security is doing a great job

Votes: 3 1.4%
    • Right now I'd say 50/50

Votes: 52 23.4%
    • No, we have a long way to go.

Votes: 167 75.2%

• Total voters

fivepointstar

Thank you MD-Goodbye
    Apr 28, 2008
    3rd Rock from the Sun
    IS THE US PREPARED FOR ANOTHER LARGE SCALE TERRORIST ATTACK???

This is a 2 part question....the first is a Poll. Looking at recent Islamist/Terrorist incidents Ottawa, Canada and in Australia do you think we are prepared for the next Big One on US Soil??

The second part of the question is what methods are necessary to continue to be prepared or to get to a adequate level of preparation? What is America doing wrong?

A1Uni

Ultimate Member
    Aug 28, 2012
    Look at the bungled, and continuing inept response to a mindless virus. How would expect this hapless administration to deal with an intelligent and determined threat?

DoormanTNT

Ultimate Member
    Jul 17, 2012
    Glen Burnie
    The first way to prepare is to get Bobo out and find someone to fill the seat that is willing to FIGHT it and not help an overtaking.

I think there are enough of "us" to give them one hell of a hard time.

montoya32

Ultimate Member
    Patriot Picket
    Jun 16, 2010
    Harford Co
    You can never be completely prepared. As much as the Patriot Act and DHS have infringed on our liberties and freedoms, I do believe they have helped to improve our safety. Response must of the highest importance. More boots on the street and effective emergency plans, even for private companies and buildings. How many companies do emergency drills other than fire drills?

diesel-man

Ultimate Member
    Apr 8, 2009
    We are well prepared to Welcome all of the Muslim Terrorists that can sneek in as we have taken a "hard line" on workplace violence like at Fort Hood. Our MIC (muslim in chief) well protects us like he has for the nearly 6 years of occupation, so far. Mein Kompf....

:party29:

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I think we are better prepared. Emergency services are doing better at communication and things like getting rid of 10 codes is helping.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    All I know is that when it does happen I certainly don't want to see any militarized police responding

It's something that military with people who are allowed to have rifles, external vests, and knee pads needs respond to stop it. Even if it takes a day or two to get these folks geared up and ready to go I'm willing to wait as long as we don't give the police any tools to deal with it.

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    The nice thing about a terrorist attack, is that it will be localized in a very big US of A.

The downside, it will affect some human lives.

pbharvey

Habitual Testifier
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 27, 2012
    Frankly I think a large scale attack is virtually indefensible, especially something like simultaneous Mumbai attacks. It would only take a small number of people to shoot up a school, church, or theater, and have most of the country losing their minds with fear.

Pretoria78

URX Fan
    Mar 30, 2008
    Northern Virginia
    All I know is that when it does happen I certainly don't want to see any militarized police responding

It's something that military with people who are allowed to have rifles, external vests, and knee pads needs respond to stop it. Even if it takes a day or two to get these folks geared up and ready to go I'm willing to wait as long as we don't give the police any tools to deal with it.

6 shooters, 1950's squad cars and a Mayberry attitude is all that's needed. ;) It's not like threats / missions have evolved. :D

Inigoes

Head'n for the hills
    MDS Supporter
    Dec 21, 2008
    SoMD / West PA
    6 shooters, 1950's squad cars and a Mayberry attitude is all that's needed. ;) It's not like threats / missions have evolved. :D

If you examine them, they really haven't.

All have been low tech in the execution because it is cheap. High tech in the planning stages, to keep the planners at a distance.

Dec 31, 2012
    I'd say we are better prepared now at the national level than before but at the individual level we are in general lost. Most people can barely stand being without power for 2 hours, imagine if an attack took out the grid for weeks.

Too many people are entirely dependent upon the government for their very survival on a daily basis. Want to see a terrorist attack that causes absolute pandemonium? Shutdown the networks that allow government services to operate and watch what the good citizens would do to each other after a week without government.

Panic and lack of preparation are the friends of our enemies.

Half-cocked

Senior Meatbag
    Mar 14, 2006
    No. We have spent trillions of dollars on "security theater", and that's all it is. Meanwhile, we have squandered our national wealth, prestige, and leadership status throughout the world.

Honestly, I worry that by 2050, every school kid west of the Mississippi will be taught in Spanish or Chinese, and everyone east of it will be taught in Russian.

Kman

Blah, blah, blah
    Dec 23, 2010
    Eastern shore
    I think we're less prepared now than before 9/11.

We have been intentionally softened by the current administration by demoralizing the military and for world image.

iH8DemLibz

When All Else Fails.
    Apr 1, 2013
    Libtardistan
    We should guard against being overly prepared.

To be too prepared may mean losing our freedom.

I'd rather see one of my family members eat a terrorist bullet than see America on a permanent lock-down.

And I told my family members that very thing.

Stuff happens in a free society.

Wraith

Oct 19, 2009
    Denton
    I think we are less prepared now. Like A1 posted immediately, we can't handle a viral threat that we know the point of origin of, when we can track any person from said area in mid flight, yet some how we can't do that.

Border Security, what security?

Add in the disarmament of the general public in all large urban centers that are the typical targets for these whack jobs, and it all adds up to complete ineptitude.

The Brooklyn Bridge supposedly has massive surveillance, yet a Germany Artist replaced the flags on top of it with out getting caught in the act.

The Whitehouse gets invaded by a guy on foot, and the Secret Service gets caught with there pants down.

It's all a joke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rifleman

Latest threads

Top Bottom