Anthony Brown's Campaign Workers Refuse to Answer 2A Questions (video)

The #1 community for Gun Owners of the Northeast

Member Benefits:

• No ad networks!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joseph87'

Nobama
    Dec 22, 2011
    Charleston SC
    I do not like your tactics at all sir! You need someone well spoken and presentable to speak on your behalf. Your passion and feelings are all admirable but a little abrupt. You tried to entertain at the end rather then keep cool, that I don't appreciate. It makes a community of people whom have fought hard recently over 2A issues look ignorant. As I said, your feelings/passion are admirable but you are not the person I want representing myself or other 2A supporters.

Safetech

I open big metal boxes
    May 28, 2011
    Dundock
    Probably not the best tact to take to get any kind of positive response from them. That little bit toward then end where you said, "f*** you!" That showed some real class.

I understand that you are passionate and incensed, but you're not helping our cause. They probably shot video of you and are going to post it up with something to the effect of, "this is a typical Hogan supporter." Thanks.

Those were my thoughts, too.

I expect that kind of behavior from liberals. We are (or at least should be) better than that.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    Did a highschooler write that script? It reminded me of a SNL knockoff spoofing Napoleon Dynamite. :o

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    You either are mentally deprived.

Or this is a fake and mocked up video.

I'm hoping for the 2nd.

Please don't make anymore videos.

MDFF2008

Ultimate Member
    Aug 12, 2008
    I'm been contacted and informed this guy is not a plant for Brown, so let's make this die since we know the Baltimore Sun and other news outlets will ignore the 3 pages of condemnation and only go with the OP's post, and then say it represents all of us.

smokering

Day Walker
    May 16, 2008
    AA
    I'm been contacted and informed this guy is not a plant for Brown, so let's make this die since we know the Baltimore Sun and other news outlets will ignore the 3 pages of condemnation and only go with the OP's post, and then say it represents all of us.

So have the mods kill it....not hard to look for in the next week or so if you just try to make it "sink".

Bare Arms

Banned
    BANNED!!!
    Feb 27, 2009
    Baltimore
    I don't think it's quite that simple. A lot of the laws that infringe upon the second amendment were passed at a time when the public at large wasn't really aware of what was going on in Washington DC - certainly not like we have now where it's on CNN, CSpan, daily TV news networks and the internet.

The public now also has much easier access to case law documents than ever before - virtually all of that stuff is freely available online now. We didn't have that level of access even 15-20 years ago, never mind 1934 and 1968 when some of the biggest infringements were made.

Although I applaud your commitment and effort, think about the impression you are leaving. Did you really have a camera on your head? Do us all a favor and carefully think about your look, and what you say before you go and say it, otherwise you'll never be taken seriously and you'll hurt the cause more than help it.

All great points. We live in much better times than in the past as it pertains to information access. I still think the fight for gun rights should have been stronger with more civil disobedience. Just my opinion though.

Yes, I did have a GoPro headstrap. I did not want the rest of the show crew to potentially be arrested. Also, having two free hands in case someone decided to assault me is a smart idea. Carrying my expensive broadcast quality camera isn't a good idea if I don't want it damaged.

I can appreciate your passion, but with so much emotion (coming from you) did you really think they were going to help you come across like Jane Miller?

Don't get me wrong, I give you credit for asking the questions, and calling attention to their Joe Goebbels like operation. Perhaps someone out there didn't already know that's how they operate and you further exposed it, but the method was unprofessional at best.

I was actually using my calm voice, up until the "Hogan's gonna run wild on you" part. I had to yell earlier in the video so the people in the office could hear me through the doorway. It was still a calm yell, however.

Jane Miller doesn't like to talk about the Constitution. I wish she did though.

What politicians have been doing for decades, stripping Americans of their gun rights, is as unprofessional as you can get. I'm fed up with it and polite tactics have not worked. It is well past time to take a lesson from the 1960s civil rights movement and do a lot of civil disobedience. Expect to be arrested for standing up for your rights if you really want things to change.

Please don't make anymore videos prior to the election. That was horrible.

I'm not planning on it. This was a one time deal...we have other scumbags to deal with now.

Couldn't finish the video.

If some dipshit came up to me like that and started harassing me there would be problems.

Not the way to invite civil discourse.

I'm sorry to read that asking questions about the constitution and taxes among a few other things is harassment. What the government does whenever they pass unconstitutional laws is way beyond harassment if you ask me. It's an assault on liberties and I'm tired of laying down for those law breakers.

The reason that we can't have nice laws, you are.

Apologies for exercising my first amendment rights.

Wow, embarrASSing. This kind of video does nothing to advance our cause.

And what in the past few decades has advanced the 2A cause? I've seen little progress being made. Sorry, but that is the truth. I see a bunch of gun laws put into place in this great state but none have been repealed. You need a law degree to understand a lot of these infringements. We should have never reached this point. Civil discourse has let the criminal lawmakers in Annapolis get away with breaking the law. In the 1700s the Maryland legislature and governor would have been tarred and feathered if they tried any of the modern day shenanigans.

I suspected the same thing... Purposeful looney video guy made to represent the entire gun community. This is not the kind of image I want to project. Applaud the enthusiasm if genuine, but ultimately doesn't help us. That energy can be better spent than doing this. My .02

I represent myself. That's exactly what was stated at the very beginning of the video. That the Vigilantes aren't affiliated with any political organizations.
    The enthusiasm is absolutely genuine.

This is a perfect example of why we try to keep our best, most civil foot forward any time we have public exposure.

Anything we say can and will be used against us in the court of public opinion.

It's time to stop worrying about public opinion and concentrate on enforcing our gun rights.

What if this video was made by a member of the Brown campaign in order to see how many attaboys he could get from MDS?

Nope...and this video would have come out sooner if Brown hadn't chickened out on an Independence Day appearance. He has been a tough guy to track down.

the OP has 9 post.. and all of it was from this thread.

Not true.

A plant. A whole 9 posts. Maybe he's "That Guy". Don't do things that make us look bad. Class goes a long way, stupid does not!

"That Guy" loves this country and the freedoms that our founding fathers have afforded us. They are shaking their heads from beyond the grave at us for letting our freedoms be taken away so easily.

I do not like your tactics at all sir! You need someone well spoken and presentable to speak on your behalf. Your passion and feelings are all admirable but a little abrupt. You tried to entertain at the end rather then keep cool, that I don't appreciate. It makes a community of people whom have fought hard recently over 2A issues look ignorant. As I said, your feelings/passion are admirable but you are not the person I want representing myself or other 2A supporters.

I only represent myself. You may have fought hard over 2A issues but what has the result been?

Did a highschooler write that script? It reminded me of a SNL knockoff spoofing Napoleon Dynamite. :o

LOL!

I was in Philadelphia yesterday...the city where the Constitution and Bill of Rights was written. I recommend a trip to the museum called "The National Constitution Center" that is right near the Liberty Bell to get a refresher on what our founding fathers intended. Maybe then you will understand where I'm coming from. Like I often say, our founding fathers didn't fight the British military with petitions and protest signs. They told the king their issues then gave the British military the boot and formed their own laws/land. If you haven't already read this book http://www.amazon.com/The-Debate-Co...02&sr=8-1&keywords=debate+on+the+constitution to understand where I'm coming from. And then read this book: http://www.amazon.com/Cant-Happen-H...13931935&sr=8-1&keywords=it+can't+happen+here

I'm sorry to have upset you all and don't plan on producing any more Brown videos unless I'm directly challenged by them. But I promise that if there is a follow up video I will bite my lip and be more polite...despite those tactics not working in the past.

Threeband

The M1 Does My Talking
    Dec 30, 2006
    Carroll County
    A suggestion for the OP:

Instead of calling your group Vigilantes, perhaps you could call it Nazi Klansmen. That would have a less negative connotation, I think.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Sarca

Latest threads

Top Bottom