• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmiddle

Ultimate Member
    Sep 8, 2012
    Cleveland, TN
    Two cents on all of this:

If I understand all of this, any HBAR is gtg? When is Adcor coming out with HBAR lowers? Is HBAR somehow proprietary to Colt?

Looks like the Adcore BEAR is gtg.

The Tavor should be gtg.

Any AR10 should be gtg. BTW, the AR10 is a damn good rifle. It is good for hunting, personal defense, or all out combat.

I have been building ARs for years. I personally cannot drop $1000+ on a gun. Well, let me caveat that, I "can" but my wife would not go for it. I get my ARs "on piece at a time" as it were. For guys who are worried about buying highly expensive rifles outright, I would highly recommend buying a lower and building it up a hundred dollars at a time as your funds will allow. Gunbroker and Ebay are great places to buy parts. Brownells offers a great LE/Military discount if you qualify.

I am dead serious here, if anyone would like help building up an AR, PM me and I will help you out. However, YouTube and most of the big gun forums have tons of technical help.

All current Tavor are banned they are only 26" and 27" long two short for SB281. I am guessing most of the Bullpup's are going to have the same problems. Yes Tavor or a gun smith could create one that is longer then 29" but that will likely make an already pricey gun even more pricey.

Thanks
    Robert

Brooklyn

I stand with John Locke.
    Jan 20, 2013
    Plan D? Not worth the hassle.
    All current Tavor are banned they are only 26" and 27" long two short for SB281. I am guessing most of the Bullpup's are going to have the same problems. Yes Tavor or a gun smith could create one that is longer then 29" but that will likely make an already pricey gun even more pricey.

Thanks
    Robert

Why would snapping in a longer barrel not cure the overall length problem? I though it was a modular design. + 2 " on the barrel or even an extended muzzle break cant be that much more relative to the baseline cost, can it?

Markp

Ultimate Member
    Dec 22, 2008
    Why would snapping in a longer barrel not cure the overall length problem? I though it was a modular design. + 2 " on the barrel or even an extended muzzle break cant be that much more relative to the baseline cost, can it?

I thought they might as well raise the cost by putting an integral suppressor on it and rechambering for .300 blackout! :lol2:

exocorp

Nov 1, 2013
    Rockville
    This Bushmaster ACR (ORC Optic Ready Config) is not a regulated/banned firearm purchase in MD, right?

Q: The law bans the sale, transfer or possession of a “Copycat Weapon.” What is a copycat weapon?
    A: Criminal Law Article, Section 4-301 specifically defines a copycat weapon as a semiautomatic, center-fire rifle that can accept a detachable magazine and has any two of the following — a folding stock, grenade launcher, flare launcher or flash suppressor.
    Copycat weapons also include a semiautomatic center-fire rifle that has a fixed magazine capacity of more than 10 rounds or has an overall length of less than 29 inches, a semiautomatic pistol with a fixed magazine that can accept more than 10 rounds, a semiautomatic shotgun that has a folding stock, or a shotgun with a revolving cylinder.

Black ORC Configuration

ACR

16 ½" cold hammer-forged barrel with melonite
    coating for extreme long life
    A2 birdcage-type hider to control muzzle flash
    Adjustable, two-position, gas piston-driven system for firing suppressed or unsuppressed, supported by hardened internal bearing rails
    Tool-less, quick-change barrel system available in 10.5", 14.5" and 16.5" and in multiple calibers
    Multi-caliber bolt carrier assembly quickly and easily changes from 223/5.56mm NATO to 6.8mm Rem SPC (spec II chamber)
    Free-floating MIL-STD 1913 monolithic top rail for optic mounting
    Fully ambidextrous controls including magazine release, bolt catch and release, fire selector and non reciprocating charging handle
    High-impact composite hand guard with heat shield — accepts rail inserts
    High-impact composite lower receiver with textured magazine well and modular grip storage
    Fixed high-impact composite A-frame stock with rubber butt pad and sling mounts (ORC & A-TACS®)
    Ships in oversized hard case for accessory storage, includes 30-round PMAG™
    One Year Bushmaster Warranty

TheYetti

Apr 8, 2013
    Ellicott City
    That should be correct. Technically it should be GTG but check with local gun shop for verification. Maybe they can get you one without the evil birdcage.

Obviously "Ships in oversized hard case for accessory storage, includes 30-round PMAG™" (bold part) is banned due to excessive evil-ness.

jsm7977

Nov 2, 2013
    Im sorry as my eyes have gone buggy trying to read/figure all this out. Are stripped lowers still legal and availible anywhere from dealers unafraid to sell them AND i read about a shoutgun with revolving cylinder being banned. Am i to assume the circuit judge rifle is now banned since it takes 45 and 410 shotgun???

Devil Dog

Sep 20, 2013
    Stripped AR15 lowers may no longer be sold or transfered in MD.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

rj91jeep

Feb 16, 2011
    Westminster, MD
    Im sorry as my eyes have gone buggy trying to read/figure all this out. Are stripped lowers still legal and availible anywhere from dealers unafraid to sell them AND i read about a shoutgun with revolving cylinder being banned. Am i to assume the circuit judge rifle is now banned since it takes 45 and 410 shotgun???

Circuit judge is not banned. It has a rifled barrel and sold as a rifle.

TheYetti

Apr 8, 2013
    Ellicott City
    There were a few Tavors for sale over at a gun shop. They had the Golf ball launcher attached but from what I hear factory versions of the gun might come with an extension to meet the OAL requirement. The Tavor with those bits should be GTG last I saw.

fightinbluhen51

"Quack Pot Call Honker"
    Oct 31, 2008
    I'm going to bump this thread...seems that Galil is bringing the ACE 7.62 x 39 model to the US market, available March of 2015. I see the AR & ARM versions are banned, but wondering if this one will be materially different. Though still must NOT run afoul of the features test, obviously.

Stupidly, someone will need to petition the roster for the handgun version with SIG brace (as that will be the first model available).

Thoughts?

Joeinoc

Trap and pistols
    Feb 23, 2014
    Berlin
    I need help, i REALLY want a sig 556r. I've benn to 2 local gunshops in the OC area and they say that they are banned but others say they aren't, those guys are generally $2-300 over msrp. Any knowledge on this particular gun?

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom