• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    That report has an entire chapter on the drug activities and violence of some MCs. They list the Iron horsemen, Outlaws, Pagans, Titans, Hells Angels, Demon Souls and Thunderguards.

Like it or not, 1%er MCs are part of the gang problem. They dont tend to murder much but they distribute plenty of meth and cocaine.

LoL, there are at least 2 of those clubs that don't belong in that list (they aren't 1% clubs) and 3rd that doesn't have a chapter in this state last I heard, though they have individual members that live here. It shows how little they actually know about MCs and what they actually do.

Next they'll call the Ruffians outlaws (Hint, they're Free Masons, their center patch is the masonic compass and square). Maybe they'll say the Blue Knights (LE-MC) are slinging rock to make some scratch...

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    LoL, there are at least 2 of those clubs that don't belong in that list (they aren't 1% clubs) and 3rd that doesn't have a chapter in this state last I heard, though they have individual members that live here. It shows how little they actually know about MCs and what they actually do.

Next they'll call the Ruffians outlaws (Hint, they're Free Masons, their center patch is the masonic compass and square). Maybe they'll say the Blue Knights (LE-MC) are slinging rock to make some scratch...

You aren't possibly taking the stance that there isn't a 1% or OL MC issues in MD are you?

While not nearly as rampant as the Bloods, Crips, DMI, blah blah blah there is certainly violent gang incidents throughout the year.

There was a fire bombing of a club house not that many years ago in Baltimore County and several issues in Harford County.

While not every "club" is violent there are certainly issues between them and it does come to front every once in the while in the state.

traveller

The one with two L
    Nov 26, 2010
    variable

Those clubs made it into the report because they were involved in criminal activity, whether the rest of the MC community considers them '1%ers' is not really relevant. Same whether there is a chapter, if some crips members from NY come to MD to commit a crime, it is still a gang issue for MD.

frozencesium

BBQ Czar
    MDS Supporter
    Feb 5, 2008
    Tampa, FL
    You aren't possibly taking the stance that there isn't a 1% or OL MC issues in MD are you?

While not nearly as rampant as the Bloods, Crips, DMI, blah blah blah there is certainly violent gang incidents throughout the year.

There was a fire bombing of a club house not that many years ago in Baltimore County and several issues in Harford County.

While not every "club" is violent there are certainly issues between them and it does come to front every once in the while in the state.

What I'm saying is that sure, there are incidents, comes with the territory...However, if all MCs (including those who aren't 1%'ers) disappeared overnight, the crime statistics wouldn't notice much. In fact, I would be surprised if there was statistically significant drop. MC issues get noticed by the media because it's easy, and like mass shootings, big enough and rare enough to make the headlines.

MS-13 and the Crips, Bloods, etc may have tattoos or colors they prefer, but while a Blood may dress in red, they don't have "Bloods" in a patch on their back for all to read. Also, there is so much inner-city gang violence that it hardly makes the news other than quick notes on the police blotter. Black on black gang violence is so prevalent in Baltimore that it doesn't even make the news.

So while a whole chapter of the report might be dedicated to MCs, if you looked at the statistics state wide, you'd see that they are like the liberals using assault weapons in gun debates. They are occasionally caught doing big things (big busts vs mass shootings), they are scary and easily identified and used to scare the public, and not statistically significant in any meaningful way.

highwayheat

highwayheat
    Jun 13, 2012
    Ceciltucky
    Welcome to the forum sir. As a current active duty LEO I also appreciate your service. In addition, I know from first hand experience how dirty politics are when it comes to state police agencies. Many members applaud you on finally speaking out on the FSA of 2013 hearing where you were told not to testify to the facts that would hamper the MOM administration's political agenda. I completely understand the fact that speaking out prior to being retired would have resulted in back door repercussions and a chance of your retirement being placed in jeopardy. Finally speaking out on the smoke and mirrors tactics used by the current administration and revealing the truth must be a great weight off your shoulders. The members of this forum and the other law abiding firearm owners of this state owe you a thank you for putting the record straight with the truth and facts.

Name Taken

Ultimate Member
    Feb 23, 2010
    Central
    What I'm saying is that sure, there are incidents, comes with the territory...However, if all MCs (including those who aren't 1%'ers) disappeared overnight, the crime statistics wouldn't notice much. In fact, I would be surprised if there was statistically significant drop. MC issues get noticed by the media because it's easy, and like mass shootings, big enough and rare enough to make the headlines.

MS-13 and the Crips, Bloods, etc may have tattoos or colors they prefer, but while a Blood may dress in red, they don't have "Bloods" in a patch on their back for all to read. Also, there is so much inner-city gang violence that it hardly makes the news other than quick notes on the police blotter. Black on black gang violence is so prevalent in Baltimore that it doesn't even make the news.

So while a whole chapter of the report might be dedicated to MCs, if you looked at the statistics state wide, you'd see that they are like the liberals using assault weapons in gun debates. They are occasionally caught doing big things (big busts vs mass shootings), they are scary and easily identified and used to scare the public, and not statistically significant in any meaningful way.

It gets its own chapter because it operates significantly different then the typical "street gangs".

I'm not sure if you eliminated the entire group you wouldn't see a large drop in crimes. The OLMC's sell drugs, commit extortion, murders, assaults, robberies, arsons, etc. Sure it might be a blip but it doesn't mean it should be ignored.

To me these non violent MC's are no different then the non criminal city youth who wants to walk around tat'ed up with his pants around his knee's and underwear showing. You want to look like the part you better be ready to accept people's impressions.

If you drove around on a bike in a group without all having the same jacket would anyone care? Or would they realize you are the typical 40 year old looking for their first mid life crisis?

And the media in MD gives most MC's a pass as they either don't understand the dynamics, the reports aren't given to them, or in a day or so there is another inner city murder that makes headlines.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Spb5205

Latest threads

Top Bottom