• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • honda53s

Ultimate Member
    May 4, 2009
    Baltimore County
    I bought an M1A and a M21 receiver from Fulton Armory yesterday. Anyone out there willing to do two builds?

trbon8r

Ultimate Member
    According to Charlie's website he is just about retired, and will only do M14 work while the customer waits. Building an M14 isn't typically a while you wait type of process.

If Charlie can't do the work, I'd recommend Gus Fisher down around Richmond. Gus built competition M14s for the Marine Corps, so it doesn't get any better than him. Those are the only local folks I'd recommend.

If you decide to ship the rifle off your options open up some. Ted Brown is excellent, and one I have personal experience with. Phil Arrington of Arrington Accuracy is another I'd recommend, and have used for work. I hear Warbird's Custom Guns in Texas also does nice work. Derrick Martin of Accuracy Speaks did some great work for me, but last I heard he was out of the smithing business and had turned it over to someone else.

Getting quality work done on an M14 is only going to get harder as the old timers that really know these rifles retire and move on.

dist1646

Ultimate Member
    May 1, 2012
    Eldersburg
    Getting quality work done on an M14 is only going to get harder as the old timers that really know these rifles retire and move on.

Isn't that the sad truth! I learned a good bit from Ray Parkinson years ago but there is still more that I would like/need to.

jpk1md

Ultimate Member
    Jan 13, 2007
    According to Charlie's website he is just about retired, and will only do M14 work while the customer waits. Building an M14 isn't typically a while you wait type of process.

If Charlie can't do the work, I'd recommend Gus Fisher down around Richmond. Gus built competition M14s for the Marine Corps, so it doesn't get any better than him. Those are the only local folks I'd recommend.

If you decide to ship the rifle off your options open up some. Ted Brown is excellent, and one I have personal experience with. Phil Arrington of Arrington Accuracy is another I'd recommend, and have used for work. I hear Warbird's Custom Guns in Texas also does nice work. Derrick Martin of Accuracy Speaks did some great work for me, but last I heard he was out of the smithing business and had turned it over to someone else.

One other I would add to that list

jywolfe

http://www.m-14parts.com/M14 Parts and Armory Services Shop Rates.html

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Eric_Hehl

Latest threads

Top Bottom