• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    I have sent PMs to DD214 and Norton about becoming an IP, but have yet to hear anything back. Is there a trick to becoming an IP, or do I just need to wait it out (been a month or so)?

TheDevilHimself

, Duffy's Gun Room
    Industry Partner
    Jul 15, 2011
    Sparks, MD
    Be patient and persistent. It took me over a year. Trust me, DD214 and Norton are both pretty swamped with work, and I find it hard to begrudge anyone for working hard and earning a living. You may just want to send a friendly reminder once in a while. I know that I have missed PMs from customers due to sheer volume on occasions; I can't imagine trying to keep up with volume of messages the admins must receive.

swinokur

In a State of Bliss
    Patriot Picket
    Apr 15, 2009
    Westminster USA
    I believe DD214 is the only admin that handles IP requests, but keep trying Norton as well. Theu're very busy as mentioned.

Topher

Ultimate Member
    MDS Supporter
    Sep 8, 2008
    Fredneck
    Gotta connect with DD214.
    Keep with the PM's or see if he has an email under his profile.

Good luck.

C

clandestine

AR-15 Savant
    Oct 13, 2008
    Elkton, MD
    There is a link you have to use to make payments. Once its paid it will be setup in short order. Ill send you the link via PM once I have my laptop in front of me.

kenpo333

Ultimate Member
    Industry Partner
    MDS Supporter
    Mar 18, 2012
    Salisbury Maryland
    I have sent PMs to DD214 and Norton about becoming an IP, but have yet to hear anything back. Is there a trick to becoming an IP, or do I just need to wait it out (been a month or so)?

I too have not been able to get a good time frame to get an IP application approval. keep in touch with me and let me know what you find out.

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    New IP applications are off the grid for the near term.

Nothing I can do about it, so everyone is just going to have to be patient.

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    New IP applications are off the grid for the near term.

Nothing I can do about it, so everyone is just going to have to be patient.

That stinks, but I completely understand. Thanks for the heads up, and I hope applications open up again whenever you all can take them!

fabsroman

Ultimate Member
    Mar 14, 2009
    Winfield/Taylorsville in Carroll
    Glad I read this. Was thinking of becoming one myself before tax season hits full force. Guess I'll wait until afterward and see how things are going then. Slower time of the year for me anyway over the summer.

Norton, is it possible to get a PM or e-mail when IP applications are being accepted again?

Norton

NRA Endowment Member, Rifleman
    Staff member
    Admin
    May 22, 2005
    Glad I read this. Was thinking of becoming one myself before tax season hits full force. Guess I'll wait until afterward and see how things are going then. Slower time of the year for me anyway over the summer.

Norton, is it possible to get a PM or e-mail when IP applications are being accepted again?

We'll try to put something up, but right now it's on indefinite hold.

Alphabrew

Binary male Lesbian
    MDS Supporter
    Jan 27, 2013
    Woodbine

What are you selling? I'll check you out if you have a shop/website/whatever:thumbsup:

StantonCree

Watch your beer
    Jan 23, 2011
    What are you selling? I'll check you out if you have a shop/website/whatever:thumbsup:

My guess is legal advice......he just graduated (from a good school I might add)....passed the bar....and has been working with a firm.

Smart guy!!

NateIU10

Ultimate Member
    Apr 6, 2009
    Southport, CT
    Any updates? We're doing a lot of work with MDShooters members, and we want to give back to the site (and rest of the community. For example, I have been writing some blogs on topics of interest to firearm owners in MD, and would love to have a place to post them on here.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Rotorboater

Latest threads

Top Bottom